• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Dean Koontz

headpodd said:
Can't wait to start it....but just have to finish my current book which is very good (Dennis Lehane - Mystic River).

Cheers guys

Mystic River is one of my favs. Almost as mind blowing as Shutter Island.

cajunmama said:
Mystic River is one of my favs. [/B]

Agreed, it was brilliant! The film was great too but didn't do it justice.

Sorry, we'll get back on topic now. :D

Anyway, I don't think I've heard of Odd Thomas, maybe I ought to give Dean Koontz another crack of the whip and give the book a go.

Halo said:
Just re-read my last post and it is a bit ambiguous... To clarify: Odd Thomas is a very good read but I would not rate it as one of my all-time Koontz faves. However, the ending was rather unexpected and evoked strong emotions (yep, that's vague enough!) :)

Just finished it...

...and thought it was really good.

Was waiting for the surprise ending all the way through though so I wasn't too surprised by the surprise ending...if you get my drift. Still, it was rather emotion evoking.

I just bought Intensity, based on the recommendations of this forum (and the fact that I forgot to look for Watchers). Dean Koontz, here I come!

ds

Let us know what you thought of it, ds. :) I found it very, er... intense!! :eek: There were certainly quite a few sweaty-palm moments from what I can remember!

I've never been able to get into Koontz. :( I don't know - for some reason, I just can't stay interested when I read most of his books, so I've pretty much given up on them. :eek: I positively loved Watchers though. :D

Yeah, read that one and I liked it A LOT! I actually forgot about that one when I listed my fave book by him. Phantoms would be my fave by him actually.

And... welcome to the forum :)

Thanks for the welcome! I have not yet read anything by Koontz. I look forward to reading Phantoms. My hubby suggested I read Tick Tock. He hasn't read it himself, but it sounded kind of good. Any opinions on Tick Tock?

I have a friend very much into Koontz. She owns them all. For this reason, I have borrowed and read a bit of his stuff. I have one word... tedious.

I read an earlier post that compared Koontz to King in his descriptions. I don't think they compare. I can read King any day but cry at the thought of reading another Koontz.

It could be twisted loyalty.

I really like his work. So far, I've read Life Expectancy, By the Light of the Moon, & The Face. The Face is my favorite by far. I love the humor in his books.

i recommend Midnight-an older book by Dean-the first D.Koontz book i ever read
Life Expectancy is pretty good.
Watchers, a brilliant book.
Fear Nothing is a really good read too.

Right now, I have The Servants of Twilight, Darkfall, & Phantoms on my pile of things to read. I've never seen Midnight. I'll look into it next time I'm shopping for books.

I enjoyed Intensity and Soul Survivor (I was the only one of my family that read the book that enjoyed it though....)

Robert said:
Right now, I have The Servants of Twilight, Darkfall, & Phantoms on my pile of things to read. I've never seen Midnight. I'll look into it next time I'm shopping for books.

Midnight leaves the scariest memories out of all the Dean Koontz books that i've read. Its an older book too. I found it in a library.

Has anyone read Winter Moon? i think that's its name...

I enjoy Koontz. Many I read long ago and not that they were forgetable, I am just forgetful, and I don't remember them. The ones I do remember and remember enjoying include:

By the Light of the Moon - I know it was mentioned as being read but I enjoyed it so wanted to mention it.
Lightning
Midnight
Intensity

...actually I've never read one of his and felt like I had wasted time doing so.

angel64 said:
I'm halfway through 'By the Light of the Moon' - it's going okay so far - it's only the second Dean Koontz book I have read - can anyone recommend another of his novels?

Defy read 'Watchers' :eek:
I loved it esp the Dog..awww & took it everywhere with me, the book that is not the dog :)
it got so tatty I even bought another copy..How sad is that :(
see Link below.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...3753/sr=1-8/ref=sr_1_11_8/202-1792038-4387059

Also (while I'm here again)
Has anyone read
Dean Koontz's - Frankenstein: Prodigal Son
Was thinking of getting it...

Back