• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Deep Fryers

mehastings said:
Be very careful with your stuffing! Most people don't know it, but stuffing is very dangerous, especially when you're cooking the turkey to the "right" temperature.
Is that because of a risk of salmonella bacteria? I assume that the juices from the raw turkey may run into the stuffing which, if not heated sufficiently could result in salmonella bacteria in the stuffing. Just a guess, though. Care to clarify, mehastings? I never considered this possibility.

Kookamoor said:
Is that because of a risk of salmonella bacteria? I assume that the juices from the raw turkey may run into the stuffing which, if not heated sufficiently could result in salmonella bacteria in the stuffing. Just a guess, though. Care to clarify, mehastings? I never considered this possibility.

Yup. That is exactly it. It takes much longer for you to heat a dense solid item thoroughly than it does to heat a hollow one. So, the stuffing and the inside of the turkey won't be cooked enough to kill off bacteria. The other situation is that you end up with safe stuffing and an overcooked turkey.

booo-yaaaaa!!!!! deep-fried snickers....quite the hit.....
ai20.photobucket.com_albums_b226_edlink_friedsnickers.jpg

warm and ooohhyyyy-gooohhhyyy inside...ummmmmm....

Regardless of what they look like, they were pancake batter covered, small snickers bars deep, deep fried in about 350 F degree canolla oil....The pancake batter was hot and crispy on the outside and the snickers became a soft, warm mush contained inside the batter....

Interesting experiment. What they looked like was not my priority...what they tasted like was.....yummm...yummmm.....

Motokid said:
Regardless of what they look like, they were pancake batter covered, small snickers bars deep, deep fried in about 350 F degree canolla oil....The pancake batter was hot and crispy on the outside and the snickers became a soft, warm mush contained inside the batter....

Interesting experiment. What they looked like was not my priority...what they tasted like was.....yummm...yummmm.....
My hubby wants to know how long you fried them for?

I dropped these bad-boy's in about 3.75 gallons of oil after I did the turkey...they sank to the bottom and then within seconds they were bobbing right at the top of the oil. I basically tried to turn them until they were golden brown all the way around. It took maybe 2 minutes....3 tops...I did it all by eye and color....

I started with snickers that were very, very cold...not frozen, but close...

Back