• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Deodorant or Antiperspirant?

i often do not wear either. i own antipersperant, degree i think, but don't find i need it everyday. i like my own stink. :D

and moto, you're so cute.

jenngorham said:
i often do not wear either. i own antipersperant, degree i think, but don't find i need it everyday. i like my own stink. :D

and moto, you're so cute.

thanx beautiful....I love a girl who wears nothing..... :D

I use Dove deodorant in a spray,it works well for me! Plus i wear purfume all the time! As for my daughters they use Dove roll-on! :)

i used to be a big perfume person. i loved juba from the body shop. but i find now i am more sensitive to scents, i 'm not allergic i just find them overwhelming sometimes. i love the smell of shampoo though.

jenngorham said:
i used to be a big perfume person. i loved juba from the body shop. but i find now i am more sensitive to scents, i 'm not allergic i just find them overwhelming sometimes. i love the smell of shampoo though.
There are a few people I've come across that I would prefer the natural body smell over the buckets of perfume they wear....it's easy to over-do the cover scents....

jenngorham said:
I love the stuff fron the body shop,but my fav perfume at the moment is Hugo boss Women! :D

i'll have a whiff next time i am at the pharmacy.

i also love satsuma from the body shop. it's gorgeous. and i usually put drops of bergamot on my vacuum cleaner bag so when i vacuum the house smells like earl grey tea.

Moto, I completely concur with the natural versus over-done perfume!

A perfume or cologne should be viewed as "intimate apparel". If someone can determine what brand you are wearing from an arm's length away, you are wearing too much!

I use antiperspirant. Only because my mother always told me "why just cover it up when you can stop it?"

I don't think too much about it, I guess. I'm using Speed Stick at the moment, but it is an antiperspirant/deodorant combo.

leckert reads jenn-o-spam-a-licious' post, and realizes that he must take his rightful place at the back of the line now that moto is back...

leckert said:
leckert reads jenn-o-spam-a-licious' post, and realizes that he must take his rightful place at the back of the line now that moto is back...
Knowing your rightful place in society is a good thing....a very good thing....

My husband is the same way as you, Motokid. He absolutely hates to wear antiperspirant. He says it doesn't come off in the shower and he feels like he has an inch of it on his underarms.

As a woman, my preference is something strong but effective. Unfortunately, I'm allergic to Secret deodorant, so I look for alternatives. Right now I'm wearing Ban roll-on, and I like it.

antiperspirant? *snicker* I've yet to find one that actually prevents sweating. The best I can hope for is a deodorant that works. :p

Miss Shelf said:
antiperspirant? *snicker* I've yet to find one that actually prevents sweating. The best I can hope for is a deodorant that works. :p

Mitchum works, at least for my mother. She had bad sweat issues, and she says Mitchum fixes it. (She used to make me go in an buy it for her because she was embarrassed!)

Not much reply on the underarm shaving part....my assumption is that every female pretty much does this as a habit now. yes....no....maybe....

And, was I correct in thinking this was mainly an American thing at first, and it has spread across the globe? Or did it start somewhere else. I distinctly remember as a kid hearing jokes about European women not shaving.

Will the shaving of the underarm not have something to do with your personal beliefs though? I can only speak of my experience at school but the majority of people who came from certain ethnic communities neither shaved nor wore deodorant. It became such a problem that the school actually insisted on them either bringing in deodorant (after PE lessons) or alternatively taking a shower. They also moved the sports lessons to periods where there was a long break afterwards (so either just before lunch, or the last period of the day).

leckert said:

oh leckert, there's no line. moto and i are joined at the hip, and so he is never really gone..

jenngorham said:
oh leckert, there's no line. moto and i are joined at the hip, and so he is never really gone..
the hip?????? I thought the junction was somewhere else.... :eek:

jenngorham said:

Well, at least you have two hips. (I assume this)

I will attempt to meld myself to you other one.

(then I can hold hands with Moto behind your back! :D )

Back