• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Deodorant or Antiperspirant?

Jemima Aslana said:
I've never experimented with waxing - don't think I will either. I can get a close enough shave without the sandpaper feel anyway, so why put myself through waxing?
The difference is that with shaving you have to do it maybe twice a week? With waxing/epilating the hair takes a lot longer to grow back and over time it stops growing completely (in certain areas).

As for the guys: As I said, I prefer my men hairy (not too hairy though - I put the line somewhat before they show up with fur hehe) Looks manly :D Manly = good.
Like you say - some hair is good (not overly enamoured by the gorrilla look myself either ;) ) Some hairless chests are nice (depending on the guy, but not when they shave them - too pretentious) but no, overall I prefer some hair :)

Hmmm I'll have to shave anyway - waxing of intimate areas is generally not recommended methinks. *winces at the thought*

And I actually shave everyday. It's not much trouble and doing it so often keeps away the sandpaper feel. It's no trouble for me anymore.

Ice said:
If you manage to get the root out it doesn't matter how you do it - the only problem with ordinary pluckers is that you do sometimes leave the root in.

Epilating isn't too bad - again that gets the hair from the root.Slightly more painful than waxing (until you get used to it) as the pain is spread over a longer period of time :eek:

I tried epilating once :eek: , now that was pain.

That is true (about the root etc) but i've found that threading on the eyebrows really works better for my skin whereas my sister prefers waxing as threading is bad for her skin. I guess different methods suit different people.

The things us women have to go through!

I think hairy manly men are much more sexy. I had this argument with a friend who prefers the smooth variety and she sent me on a blinddate with a hariy man - and i mean boy was he hairy....my new philosophy- get to know the guy,take care of the hair later ;)

Jemima Aslana said:
Hmmm I'll have to shave anyway - waxing of intimate areas is generally not recommended methinks. *winces at the thought*
Agreed... I don't think that I'll ever turn to waxing. Shaving isn't really that time consuming, especially if you have a quatro-blade or whatever, and it's much less painful ;)

Ronny said:
I tried epilating once , now that was pain.
What is it? (I feel like such a noob...)

Well if we're talking of the same thing, my aunt had one and it was like an electric razor but it yanked hair out root and all. It felt like having your skin ripped off inch by slow inch :eek:

Gem said:
Baking Soda? Renee?

I used a scrap of cloth, poured baking soda into the middle, pulled up the corners and bound it - I pat it into my pit and I smell delightfully fresh all the live long day.

It's washable and refillable.

Ronny said:
... it was like an electric razor but it yanked hair out root and all. It felt like having your skin ripped off inch by slow inch :eek:
Yes, that's the one :D

Renee said:
I used a scrap of cloth, poured baking soda into the middle, pulled up the corners and bound it - I pat it into my pit and I smell delightfully fresh all the live long day.

It's washable and refillable.
I live in a warm climate, I'd have to go around with whole boxes of baking soda under my arms in order to stay "delightfully fresh all the live long day". LOL :D :D

Ice took one to the back of my neck once, I've never let her near me with one since .... oh the humanity!!

Phil :D

Oh yes, I'm sure she said something like that. The pain is nearly indescribable, its like something is slowly ripping the individual hairs out of your body ... oh, wait, it is doing that!! :eek:

Phil

Back