• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Deodorant or Antiperspirant?

Jemima Aslana said:
Men are starting to shave everything.

*shudder*

It's the whole metrosexual hype they're running now. Now my friend says a man with his nether regions shaved is very very nice - she likes.

Me, I kinda like the hair - I'm not into the whole prepubescent look.

Ahem, soooo anyways.

I never had the hair tickle me either - only itch, but not tickle.

I don't know who this new chick is.....but I really like her....Jemima, please stick around and post often....

if anyone here knew how close I've been, numerous times, to starting a thread about shaving the nether regions I'm sure I'd have even more people pissed off at me.....maybe even formal warnings from the mods.....

Motokid said:
I don't know who this new chick is.....but I really like her....Jemima, please stick around and post often....
Oh I intend to hehe and thx.

if anyone here knew how close I've been, numerous times, to starting a thread about shaving the nether regions I'm sure I'd have even more people pissed off at me.....maybe even formal warnings from the mods.....
It seems it may not be necessary to start one now :p

Now I *am* getting curious though. What do people here think of shaving the 'ground floor'?

Jemima Aslana said:
Now I *am* getting curious though. What do people here think of shaving the 'ground floor'?
This was discussed recently on another forum I am a member of (don't ask :rolleyes: ). The general consensus was that women prefer a man not to shave that area due to the pre-pubescent look not appealing to them. The discussion came about as one guy decided to have himself waxed :eek:

I wear a combo, antiperspirant and deoderant.

Doesn't waxing armpits hurt? I know my eyebrows hurt when I have them done, and it really hurt when I did my legs (once).

The "in" thing among the teen and young adult male population here is to shave the whole body. I dunno, but I think, a little hairy is masculine, manly, ya know? ( I am also married to a hairy guy :rolleyes: )

cajunmama said:
Doesn't waxing armpits hurt? I know my eyebrows hurt when I have them done, and it really hurt when I did my legs (once).
It does but you get used to it :)

Ice said:
This was discussed recently on another forum I am a member of (don't ask :rolleyes: ). The general consensus was that women prefer a man not to shave that area due to the pre-pubescent look not appealing to them. The discussion came about as one guy decided to have himself waxed :eek:

I think one of our brave guys here should try it out and see what kind of results it gets them, how bad does it hurt, and did the wife like it? I think it's about time the guys suffer some of the same beauty treatments us gals do.

LOL, Jenn, not sure if cyber 'hitting' counts. Moto, whilst it would be an honour to become a part of your online harem not sure how my current 4 cyber husbands will feel about it :D

Yay Ronny! I love your suggestion - which of the TBF guys do you think would be an ideal choice?

Cajunmama - yes waxing does hurt but you get used to it. Have you ever heard of threading? i get my eyebrows threaded - real painful to start with but then you kinda get used to it.

Gem said:
LOL, yep that is a great choice. Maybe Leckert could join him - as moral support :D

Yes, best if they have a buddy system. I still remember, with a cringe, the first time I got waxed :eek: Now it's not so bad.

lol ouch, that brings back memories - in fact i'm gonna go and post an embarrassing story on the dumbest things thread.

I'm cringing just thinking about waxing armpits - it would be so painful! I tried waxing my legs once, but it hurt too much so I just shaved the rest. :eek:

Ronny said:
I think one of our brave guys here should try it out and see what kind of results it gets them, how bad does it hurt, and did the wife like it? I think it's about time the guys suffer some of the same beauty treatments us gals do.
LOL. Great idea :D

Gem said:
Have you ever heard of threading? i get my eyebrows threaded - real painful to start with but then you kinda get used to it.
What /is/ threading? :confused:

they pluck the hair out using a a piece of thread - real painful the first time but then its pretty much ok. Its better for your skin then shaving or waxing and the hair grows back much much finer.

Gem said:
they pluck the hair out using a a piece of thread - real painful the first time but then its pretty much ok. Its better for your skin then shaving or waxing and the hair grows back much much finer.
Ow! That sounds so painful. Why not just use ordinary pluckers?

plucking with ordinary pluckers is apparently really bad, the hair grows back noticably thick over time. With threading, over time it grows back really thin and fine.

Gem said:
plucking with ordinary pluckers is apparently really bad, the hair grows back noticably thick over time. With threading, over time it grows back really thin and fine.

My dermatologist says that stuff is a myth. He says that pulling the hair out at the root is the same no matter how you pull it out. He says the only difference is that waxing isn't always that great because your skin gets waxed as well.

I shave - legs, armpits, nether regions. I've never experimented with waxing - don't think I will either. I can get a close enough shave without the sandpaper feel anyway, so why put myself through waxing?

As for the guys: As I said, I prefer my men hairy (not too hairy though - I put the line somewhat before they show up with fur hehe) Looks manly :D Manly = good.

I can of course apply the prepubescent look the other way as well - why do men prefer women to look like preteens? On second thought - don't answer that. *cough* Naw, for intimate encounters it *is* admittedly much nicer if the woman is shaved, for the simple reason that the center of attention is hidden by hair otherwise, which won't happen with the men... I should certainly hope not at least. So the risk of receiving a flossing is generally not that big amongst unshaven men, meaning I don't care either way :p I don't as such mind if women don't shave - but I'll encourage them to do so :p

Gem said:
If you manage to get the root out it doesn't matter how you do it - the only problem with ordinary pluckers is that you do sometimes leave the root in.

Epilating isn't too bad - again that gets the hair from the root.Slightly more painful than waxing (until you get used to it) as the pain is spread over a longer period of time :eek:

Back