• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Desperate Housewives

:D No problem, I hadn't read them yet, anyway.

Thanks, Poe (or should I say Libra?).

Cheers

Seemings as we're now heading for the end of this season, how many of you are still watching?

Zack seems more & more unhinged with each passing episode, which I find hard to believe that if these women were such great friends all along no one noticed Mary Alice's son was such an oddball. Plus what exactly is going on with Andrew?

I'm still watching. I love this show. ;)

Sar said:
which I find hard to believe that if these women were such great friends all along no one noticed Mary Alice's son was such an oddball
I was thinking that it is really hard to imagine how they all were before her death. And its hard to imagine how well they must have all known each other. It's almost as though we just entered in the middle of the movie. It feels that way to me - sometimes.

Rex:
I'm wondering why he didn't change pharmacies a long time ago, considering what's going on with George and Bree... and of course, considering the fact that his medication hasn't been working. Also, wouldn't he have shown his fake medication to the Doctor and ask why the hell it isn't working?
Zach:
well, he's a crack baby apparently (Deidra, his mother was a drug addict). Perhaps he wasn't so odd when Mary Alice was alive. I think he may have just started acting out after his mother's death. And also, he said that one night, all these memories just starting rushing in... things he hadn't thought about it years... so those are reasons why the other women may not have noticed his peculiar behavior before.
Andrew:
he's a horrible little shit really. His mother really loves him.. I mean, she's kind of odd at showing it most of the time and she can be very hurtful (saying things like, "you won't go to heaven"), but it's wrong to conspire against your mother, especially if she's just trying to be loving.

I was a massive fan Of Teri Hatcher's earlier work (Lois and Clark & Seinfeld guest spot) but she was on an Oprah special doing some pole dancing routine and she looked a bit old and definitely desperate for media attention. Found it a little sad actually, Oprah seemed to be cringing a bit too!!!

Libra6Poe said:
I'm still watching. I love this show. ;)

I was thinking that it is really hard to imagine how they all were before her death. And its hard to imagine how well they must have all known each other. It's almost as though we just entered in the middle of the movie. It feels that way to me - sometimes.

I agree entirely about Rex, but I guess it's that thing where when we watch tv shows we need to suspend all disbelief. For example, Andrew has acted inconsistantly all throughout.

However, saying all that I'm hooked to the end now - can't wait to see them tie up all the lose ends.

Libra6Poe said:
So, the new season starts this Sunday. Anyone watching?

I will be!

I was disappointed they killed off Rex. It'll be interesting to see how Bree handles it and that pharmacist who I'm sure is going to be right there by her side now.

I'm worried that like so many wildly popular shows, it will get stale and the stars will demand more money or let their success go to their heads and start over-acting, and it will all fall apart.

Yes it was a shame they killed Rex off!

As for Bree i think she will be very cold hearted and act as though nothings happened!

The pharmacist is a very strange guy but its going to be intersting to see what he does next!

And the stars of course there going ask for more money,the fame will go to there heads!

Martin said:
Whoa whoa whoa, no spoilers - we're not all up to date!
;)
Yes, it was a shame that they killed Rex. I was really surprised by it.
it will get stale and the stars will demand more money or let their success go to their heads and start over-acting, and it will all fall apart.
I know what you mean. There are all these rumors right now about Teri Hatcher not wanting to pose with the rest of the cast at the Emmys during a picture taking... and that Vanity Fair shoot ordeal as well. Hopefully it won't interfere with the production of the show... especially since it's only the 2nd season.

One of my favorite shows years ago, Northern Exposure, was killed for the same reason. One of the actors let the success go to his head and he wanted to make movies. Never see him anywhere now.

Libra6Poe said:
;)
Yes, it was a shame that they killed Rex. I was really surprised by it.

Now, that was too late for me. ;)
Season one is still running here, the Housewives paused over the summer.

Back