• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Do you have a tattoo...

Gem said:
Choc,

Do you by any chance have a pic of your pec..er.. I mean tattoo?:D

I do have one here on my computer somewhere, I will have a look lata and try and post it....

Vespertilio91 said:
I want a tattoo. I already have it picked out. It will be the World Snake from Norse mythology, Jormungand, and it will start at my wrist with its mouth opened and wrap up and around my arm and end at my shoulder. I have to wait until I turn 18 though! T_T

Sofia said:
don't do it.
Agree w/ Sofia.

Sofia said:
don't do it.

When I was a little older than Vespertilio91 all I wanted was to pierce my tongue. I swore up and down that I would do it when I turned eighteen. My mother talked me out of it though. She said to wait a year and see if I still wanted it. I waited two and decided to do it, mostly just to prove that I wasn't to chicken to have a HUGE needle put through my tongue. I had it for a few years and finally took it out when I cracked one of my molars for the second time (on the same tooth).

In the end, I'm not entirely sorry I did it even though I have a tooth that is quite beat up. I liked having it pierced, and sometimes wish it still was. However, I'm very glad that I waited a while to do it. I waited long enough to know that I really did want to do it, that I wasn't just doing it because I had wanted to for so long it had become habbit. I think the same advice fits well for a tattoo, particularly because it can't just come out like a piercing can. So, I'm going to take sophia's quote and change it to "don't do it right away. sleep on it for a while".

mehastings said:
However, I'm very glad that I waited a while to do it. I waited long enough to know that I really did want to do it, that I wasn't just doing it because I had wanted to for so long it had become habbit. I think the same advice fits well for a tattoo, particularly because it can't just come out like a piercing can. So, I'm going to take sophia's quote and change it to "don't do it right away. sleep on it for a while".

That's what I meant. I don't want to do it as soon as I turn eighteen, which is like four years away. I just like the design, and will think about it and see if I'm sure when I do turn eighteen. Then, I hope to get a henna tattoo of what my design and wear it around to make sure that I really want it. I don't intend to immediately go on impulse. I just hope that I will like it and probably, if I still do, won't get it until I'm at least 21 and positive I won't regret it.

Thanks for the advice though. I thought it more thoroughly after I posted, and thought I sounded impulsive. I guess I haven't totally grown up yet.:D

Has anyone get a tattoo on their foot? I have a wee one on my ankle and im getting it extended to me foot. Itl take an hour. My wee one took 10 mins and it was so sore. Did yoi not wear shoes for a few days after? Iv been told to use cling film!

(nice look to the forum!! Not been around i a while)

What is so special about tattoos? I don't how you people put a permanent drawings on your body! I would go for it if it was temporarily, but it’s not much appealing for me. I prefer drawing a piece of art. :)

I am with Samerron, I wouldn't want a tattoo because I think I would get tired of it after a while. But it is definitely interesting seeing pics of tattoos :)

Well i guess thats why everyone is different :D I think of it as a picture that has been drawn and my body is the canvas. It is more striking on the body and reminds you of that time you got it done and what you were doing in your life at that time. Its a story i spose. I havnt ever got tired of my tattoos but i guess i cant see them as they are on my back (and ankle) so i forget i have them.

I also agree with Samerron. Tattoos just don't seem sensible to me. I mean, when you get older, it would just wrinkle with your skin, and fade, and end up looking a bit odd. But I guess it isn't a problem if you've got one in a place that isn't normally exposed.

I guess the idea of aging, like tattoos, is an individual thing. The thought of getting old and having a tattoo doesn't bother me in the least. My tattoo isn't the product of a rash decision so I'm comfortable having it for the rest of my days.

If I could get a tattoo that really looked like a pretty anklet, I would--but I've been told that tattoo artists won't work that close to the bone, for safety reasons.

Not being old enough to get a tattoo yet but fully planning on it, I have only made a few designs.

One of them being a version of:
ai74.photobucket.com_albums_i263_sharpiesandsafetypins_IMG_4682copy.jpg

...and another being a thick outline of a star (in black) between my thumb and idex fingers on my left hand.

My plans for my 18th birthday are to spend a part of the day in a local tattoo shop, seeing as I got a piercing there and they seem to be excellent. :D

I am tattooed with the woe's of mankind...

I don't have any tattoos. I've never even dyed my hair.

I guess it's like the story of Michelangelo and the horse... (I've heard it with lots of different artists): the artist sculptured a beautiful horse out of marble. People asked, How did you do it?! The artist replied, The horse was always there, in this slab of marble. All I did was bring it out.

If it's there, only to be brought out, maybe you should do it. If it's not, don't. Mine was there. (Also, I think it's my daemon---for His Dark Materials readers only...)

*mrkgnao*

ai1232.photobucket.com_albums_ff369_fureverywhere_newpicturestwo376.jpg

One in honor of Delilah who passed on last year, the other is Sophie. Have to get her image darkened, it was a cover up and she actually has darker more shepherd-like coloring.

Back