• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

do you keep a book list?

TownBear

I keep a list of books that I'm interested in, and the next time I go to buy/borrow, i usually consult the list & see if I can find anything that's on it.

Does anyone else to this?

I've found that many books I've seem somewhere (advertising etc.) that I've been interested in, I forget about if I don't keep a list lol

lists .....

ok I do keep a little blue book of all the books I have read
and then note little summaries or quotes that I liked.
At the back of this little book I kept a list of books that I
want to read and I do indeed go back to it when I visit
the book store.

I am thinking to load this up all online somewhere since
I carry the laptop everywhere more than the little blue book

I got a list of books I read as well (started it in October 1997, but I've only read 250 books since then :(), and I've got all these little lists with books I wanna read as well. Problem is that the papers I write the titles on are so small I always lose them... I'm not organized enough.

Do I keep a book list? I'm what you might call a compulsive list-maker. :D :D

I make lists for everything! So when it comes to books, I just can't help myself. So here is yet another list of booklists I make :)
  • books I've read
  • books I want to read (my TBR list)
  • books that have been recommended to me (and who recommended them)
  • books on my bookshelf, already read
  • books on my bookshelf, not yet read
  • favourite books of all time
  • science fiction favourites
  • new books -when and where I got them
  • and assorted bits and pieces -eg. books I've read about in book reviews or articles that look interesting
Most of this is in an Excel workbook on spreadsheets so I can sort by author, title, comments, etc to my heart's content. Maybe I need help - there must be a List-maker's Anonymous group (L-Anon) somewhere?

Ell

I don't have a list of books, but I wish I'd kept a lits of books I've read over the years, and what I thought about them at the time. I'm going to try to write reviews of each book I read.

There's a couple of software packages that will let you keep track of books and other collectables. Collectorz.com make a Book Collector package but I haven't tried it yet.

I have the Books of Lists 1994. I use a library program that I keep all the books I own, with all the information you could think of including location (storage Box 1,2...) Size, date aquired, price paid, value now, date I read it, Everything. I also keep another file with all the books I want, Same type of data, but I use where I saw it, have I heard anything about it. Anyone interested, the program is called readerware. VERY GOOD.

Mike

I have good intentions. I really want to keep a books read list and a books to read list, but can't seem to keep them updated.

Does anyone know of any free shareware list/cataloging programs?

I'm a bit of a 'list maker' as well (including books). My family are always joking that I live my life by lists and Post-It notes :(

But it's even sadder than that ..... I then transfer all this into a handheld computer so that I can carry it around with me and get access to lists of books, films, concerts, CD colletcion etc at the press of a button. I think I need to get out more :rolleyes:

Dave B.

Dave B,

Ahhh, finally a kindred spirit. :)

There's something about making lists that make me feel organized even if I'm not. Sometimes, just the act of making a list - even if I never look at it again - helps me feel more organized.

Sooo, we're either incredibly organized or we're pathetic and need to form a support group to help with our little addiction :(

I prefer to believe we're just more organized than the norm.

I'm going to write a short review of each book I've read. The new library (coming soon!) will allow people to search for reviews by username. This brings a list of all the books that that person has reviewed, and in my case I'm going to use it as my own book list.

Darren.

I started a list of books I've read when I was about 12 and kept it more or less updated until I was 16 or 17 and then forgot about it. I stumbled on it about 3 years ago and copied it on an excel page. I've tried to fill the blanks of the missed years but I'm sure I couldn't remember half the books I've read. I've tried to keep it updated since...

I don't keep a list of books to read but I keep them piled on shelves near the bed (several piles that are threatening to fall down)...

I write down titles of books I hear about and wish to buy on whatever I can put my hand on at the time, but since it's not all in one place it can hardly be called a list...:)

I can't bring myself to be that organised. Every now and then I rearrange the books on the shelf into alphabetical order and that acts a bit like a list as I rarely borrow books because I like to reread them. I may have to look at converting the attic to a library soon as the study is filling up.

Mike

It's nice to know I'm not the only one who keeps a list :). I have kept lists for the past 10 years (at least), but as I mentioned in a different thread, the apartment I was living in burned down just over a year ago. Not only did I lose all of my precious books, but my book lists as well. Sighh...
Jill

I read this messageboard, it makes me feel better cos I am not only one to have booklist!! :D I make the lists which the books I shall read next. When I finished read the book so I can cross it over!! Also I make the list of the books with Favourite authors. I go to buy the books and then tick one of the lists in favourite author.

I keep a list online of what I've read: http://www.nicole2112.com/books This has the books by year. The current list is what I've read this year so far, then there are links on the left hand side of 2002 and 2001 books. There is also my "to be read" list. Those are books that I currently own that I have to read.

Then Amazon keeps my wishlist for me.

I also keep a bit of a list of books I want to read, or that were recommended to me. I usually check them out at Amazon & read the reviews, then add them to my shopping basket. I didn't realise that they empty the basket every few months until one day I went to log on and all my books were gone! Since then I write them down too! :D

I keep alist of books I have read and the date I finished reading each of them. I also keep a list of books that I want to pick up so I don't browse cluelessly for hours. Though I really love getting lost in bookstores....

~Witch

Back