• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

do you keep a book list?

Thanks for the offer guys i think i'm nearly there, My wife uses it at her office, says she'll check it out. Just got to start filling it in now. :D ;)

I hope it's okay that this thread is taking a slight turn here.
Stewart - I'm not sure I know what you mean by "As long as she doesn't attach a single table to a form".
I never attach tables to forms, what I do, is make a query out of a table, and attach the query to a form. Some of the queries have joins, with more than one table in it. But my forms, if they have a data source, use a single query as the data source. Is this what you were talking about?
But, I guess we're getting away from book lists here. Sorry if was boring everyone.

I wonder if those of you who have created your own databases for keeping your booklists would post them so others can see them? I'd like to have one, but I don't know how to explain what I might want to my dh(he's more computer literate than I).

My 5"x7" spiral notebook where I keep my TBR list has seen better days. I am tempted to get another and transcribe the list more neatly into it, but the more practical side of me keeps arguing that I'd have to buy another notebook and spend at least an hour writing the list, again. I think I'll just re-write some of the messiest pages. All in all, my two-book system works well. Besides the TBR book, I have my list of finished books in a pretty journal. I've thought about using my computer to keep track, but I can't tuck my computer into my bag if I am going to the library or out shopping.

I keep a notebook with all the books I own, whether it be ones I've read and kept or ones waiting to be read. I also keep track of the date of the books I've read, just for the heck of it. Sometimes I wonder how long ago I've read something.

Libre said:
Is this what you were talking about?

It certainly was. The sheer amount of times I've seen that design error over the psat four years is astounding. On the MS Access forum I use, there was somebody today that didn't take this advice and changed his primary key from an autonumber to a text field so that he could transfer the text as a foreign key to a second table.

I keep my books listed in a text file on my desktop. I've been doing it for about a year and a half now. The only things I track are title and author and the books are listed chronologically. The thought to do something more complicated has never really crossed my mind.

I keep my to read list on my Amazon wish list, basket, text files, my head, little sheets of paper. I have my TBR titles written down, but not compiled into any single, useful, organised form! Maybe I should.

Twilite said:
I keep my to read list on my Amazon wish list, basket, text files, my head, little sheets of paper. I have my TBR titles written down, but not compiled into any single, useful, organised form! Maybe I should.

And the nice thing is, you can be as organized as you want to be. Or not..there's not a wrong way, just as long as you're reading and happy :cool:

i've done that for years even though the book lists serve more of a.. memorization for a mental book list? hm. i definatly create a list before going to the public library... the library i go to is a 30 minute drive one way, of course i'll come prepared =P

Back