• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Do you keep a journal/diary?

Do you keep a journal or diary?

• Yes

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • What was the question again?

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
clueless said:
I've never had a blog. Maybe I should have one to stop posting so much nonsense here and annoying everyone in the forum.

Yeah, Clueless, 'cause you really are becoming a bore! :D

(you are probably one of the least annoying members I have met yet!)

I started a blog about six months ago, but am too lazy to keep it up!

clueless said:
I've never had a blog. Maybe I should have one to stop posting so much nonsense here and annoying everyone in the forum.

that's really why i started a blog. i don't know if it has curbed my tendencies to spam much, but i think it has helped a bit. :eek:
and clueless i will second leckerts opinion. you are far from annoying. i love your "nonsense"

I have kept journals sporadically throughout my life and I am keeping one now. I find that at certain times in my life it helps me, emotionally and intellectually. At this time in my life, I have some long range goals with several obstacles in the way and my journal helps keep my goals in mind. I write down ideas for overcoming obstacles, sometimes I just vent frustration about said obstacles, strategies for obtaining my goals, timelines and such.

I'm keeping a LiveJournal.

I try to update frequently, but I really only do so when there's something to write. Much of last spring has no entires at all - I was busy with my studies, but this summer has had quite a few all things considered. Sometimes I go weeks without writing anything, sometimes I make two or three entries in one day. It's very flexible.

A LiveJournal is an odd thing though. It's public and yet not so. All my acquaintances online can read it and thus are privy to my moans and gripes about my family and other such things in my 'real life', but that also prevents me from moaning and griping about certain people and happenings in it, because they *are* my online acquaintances. I'm figuring I might end up keeping two Journals... but nah, I'd get too confused that way.

I think I may have put my LiveJournal link in my profile here. So it's a weird kind of anonymity we can have here online.

Like Peder the Diary with a page/day would me off and only lock me up totally, so I go with the Journal.

jenngorham said:
that's really why i started a blog. i don't know if it has curbed my tendencies to spam much, but i think it has helped a bit. :eek:
and clueless i will second leckerts opinion. you are far from annoying. i love your "nonsense"

Jenn-o-spamaliscious... I cannot imagine this forum before you started your blog!

The threads should just have been called "Jenn, come spam me!" And all could have eventually been merged to one! :D

(you seen your sister?)

I've started writing a diary when I'm 12 but stop due to not enough commitment in keeping one. Then I started again at 14 but my diary was then stolen by my 2nd younger sister, after I wrote out a few entries. At 15, I confronted her and retrieve back my diary. Sadly, all my old entries were discarded by her.

I explored more on my thoughts at that age and write more, with seriousness. During that age, my skill on english language was'nt enough. I shall say, I'm very louzy with english at that time. Until 16, I attended some english enrichment course and I decided to keep a notebook on every new words I've learnt through reading, etc.

I started to induce some new words into my diary entries. That was the period when my interest to write beautiful entries occurred. I started with memorizing works at first, then gradually, those words enter my mind without me realizing and I began to use them in better way. Trust me, it was real hard to get hold of english at first when every member in my family spoke only chinese but a few english occassionally. Plus, especially in a surrounding with many chinese people.

When working at the age of 15, I did interact with alot of foreigners. That was when I started to improve my oral for english language by conversing more with the whites. I was very enthusiastic when coming to serve whites customers.

After 'O' Level, I will admit, I left english intact and use only simpe english in my daily life. I lost interest in reading. But still I wrote in my diary occassionally. And now, that diary of mine is quite full with alot of writings. I've kept up to 3 books. Pages in each of them was'nt totally used up because I'm always receiving new one and don't know how to deal with them. So I wrote in any of them whenever I like.

Until last year, I yearn to read more. And then started to venture on online blogs. Tried several online journal providers, but I ended up using Blogger.com in the end. I like to change my blogskin now and then, that's why. Blogger is the only blog amongst most I've tried, that allows changing of skins.

The URL for my blog is http://insideminemind.blogspot.com
I always encourage my friends read them up if they kept telling me that they are bored. Please feel free to read up my entries. I think I've written up 100 entries and started only on March this year. I've stop updating recently because abit lazy and been buzy for the past few days.

Try not to be offended when you came across angry entries written by me. There are some actually. And maybe you can understand more about me through reading my blog.

:cool:

I do keep a journal. I must admit that I am a Moleskine junkie!!! I keep at least four with me all the time. I have a pocket size one that is my daily journal/idea book. It is a buffet of daily entries, book and story ideas, quotes and many other things that are important to me. I also carry a large size Moleskine with me that contains whatever short stories or essays that I am writing. The third is my sports journal/workbook that contains...well enough said there. The fourth one is empty, waiting patiently for me to invade it with my thoughts.

I have a blank book I journal in now and then. Its nothing fancy, just one of those cheap ones from Barnes and Nobles. Last Christmas we bought one for each of the older kids and one for me. My 12 year old artist son loves them for sketchbooks. I also have a spiral notebook with a highly modified cover. I collaged it just so it wouldn't look like the other 150 spirals we have on hand for school.
I have a livejournal account too, but I haven't fooled with it much. I prefer paper journals, even though my handwriting is wierd.

CanabyCreekFF said:
I do keep a journal. I must admit that I am a Moleskine junkie!!.

What is a "Moleskine" exactly? Obviously some kind of notebook, but describe. :confused:

i have for years even though i dont always like re-reading them. i have a bunch of blogs as well. i actually wrote in my journal before going on the computer. i liked re-reading one of my more recent ones. plus it is nice to recall memories. i hate my journals from the summer since they're so uneventful and just about my daily moods/thoughts.. that would get redunant

You know, I swore that I would get faithful when it comes to writing in a journal. That promise lasted one entry.:rolleyes: Don't know why, but blogging is much easier to do if things are hectic around you.

for me a diary is just a book where you write your thoughts in it, write "PRIVATE" on it and then hope that somebody will read it...

SFG75 said:
Don't know why, but blogging is much easier to do if things are hectic around you.

haha, it really is. i type almost as fast as i think, while i write a lot slower. plus i end up not wanting to go in detail in a handwritten journal due to lack of time and an aching hand/wrist

picky about materials

I have kept a journal most of my life, and I am so picky about the journal itself and the writing ustensil. The book has to have unlined pages, because I draw a lot, and it can't be too expensive, because I'm a cheapskate (under $4 preferably), but it can't be just a plain notebook. Every journal I've ever had looks different (in other words I can't just buy several books at once if I find one I like). Also, I have started several journals, only to discover that they didn't feel right, and I had to throw them away and buy new ones. The pens have to feel nice to write with, and I prefer Precision Pilot or Uniball. I don't know why I'm so particular, but there it is. My mom has told me that when she was kid she had a diary, and it was so beautiful she didn't want to record her boring old life in it, so she made up all of her diary entries. So here was this 11 year old girl, with a diary full of fake intrigues and romance.

My efforts ended after the second entry.:rolleyes: I'll have to use it to just jot down pithy thoughts and perhaps some free-verse material that pops into my head from time to time.

marginalia232 said:
I have kept a journal most of my life, and I am so picky about the journal itself and the writing ustensil. The book has to have unlined pages, because I draw a lot, and it can't be too expensive, because I'm a cheapskate (under $4 preferably), but it can't be just a plain notebook. Every journal I've ever had looks different (in other words I can't just buy several books at once if I find one I like). Also, I have started several journals, only to discover that they didn't feel right, and I had to throw them away and buy new ones. The pens have to feel nice to write with, and I prefer Precision Pilot or Uniball. I don't know why I'm so particular, but there it is. My mom has told me that when she was kid she had a diary, and it was so beautiful she didn't want to record her boring old life in it, so she made up all of her diary entries. So here was this 11 year old girl, with a diary full of fake intrigues and romance.

wow, i'm not that picky. i used to just get a marble notebook but then i wanted a spiral one. and one smaller in size. now i actually take time selecting them, or just buying one if i come across one. i like them being all different but kind of following a blue/black theme. all of them are spiral and have a strong back so i can prop it against my knee and write. all of them are medium size. the one notebook i didn't like was an actual journal. the pages were too white, and the margins weren't big enough.. so it'd take forever to fill a page and the paragraphs looked to short. i dunno i'm slightly compulsive obbsessive. ironically my current journal has yellow pages w/ larger margins. white-out looks interesting. i think this one may be my favorite so far. i started journaling regularly in the end of 9th grade, but it took about a year to fill that one up. i got tired of it. everytime i find a new journal, i can't wait to finish my present one. currently i have another journal waiting for me to fill up, but i'm not rushing to finish this one. i'm actually quite comfortable with it.

i dont really draw in my journals but i fill them with these geometric scribbles- especally my current one.

i try not to just state my future plans or what i did that day since i've never really liked re-reading things. i try to throw my opinion around but i usually just talk about whats going on my home/love life. i dont really know why at all. some sort of need to do so

I use to write daily in a journal, but then my life became to hectic. Over the past 6 years I have tried to start journals numerous times, but now I have like 6 journals all with 3-4 entries in them...my pathetic attempts. I am taking a Composition class which requires at least 5 entries per week in a "personal daybook" now I am finally sticking to it! Hopefully I will have the iniciative to continue after the class.

Back