• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Do you play a musical instrument?

As an egotistical athlete who flaunts his muscles when and where he can, I obviously play the most masculine of the instruments. That's right.

A flute.

Once upon a time, I played the flute. I had that breathing thing going pretty well, but that was about it. I'll be taking it up again in about a month, once I'm in college.

I wish I knew piano, along with violin, and, just to appease my metal friends, guitar. But the one I already play along with the two fore mentioned I really/would really enjoy.

I play drums and piano (and keyboard if that counts as different). I tried to learn the violin but gave up because the strings really hurt my fingers. :eek:

I'm with you on the strings thing! I've played piano since 11 or so and could never stick with learning guitar or violin because of the fingerpad pain. The piano keys felt too different and I didn't want the interference. I can't live without a piano in the house, and love my conga too! I want a djambe now though.

My husband plays Great Highland pipes, flute, tin whiste, uillean pipes, and bass. Good thing we live in the middle of five acres of woods.

I'm with you on the strings thing! I've played piano since 11 or so and could never stick with learning guitar or violin because of the fingerpad pain. The piano keys felt too different and I didn't want the interference. I can't live without a piano in the house, and love my conga too! I want a djambe now though.

My husband plays Great Highland pipes, flute, tin whiste, uillean pipes, and bass. Good thing we live in the middle of five acres of woods.

geez, who are you married to, william wallace?

Where uillean pipes introduced to the scottish? There are such things as eulogies, which are to do with funerals, and I know that bagpipes are often played at funerals. Are these uillean pipes?

I don't have the talent for an instrument, but my kids each play. My 8 year old plays a guitar. I just bought him a Fender Strat; and my 1 year old daughter plays the violin and the piano.

Where uillean pipes introduced to the scottish? There are such things as eulogies, which are to do with funerals, and I know that bagpipes are often played at funerals. Are these uillean pipes?

I'm married to a Davidson - his parents were from Scotland. He plays his Great Highland bagpipes at funerals. They are the ones with the mouthpiece that a piper blows into to inflate the bag, whereas the uilliean pipes have a bellows thingie that is pumped with one arm to inflate the bag.

Uilleans are traditionally Irish, but the Scots also have other types of pipes, too.

I don't have the talent for an instrument, but my kids each play. My 8 year old plays a guitar. I just bought him a Fender Strat; and my 11 year old daughter plays the violin and the piano.

I must just be musically inept

I played the piano for about a year, maybe less. My teacher said I had a natural talent. I was horrible when it came to reading music so I just memorized the songs so if I made a mistake I could tell by the sound.

I am currently teaching myself the guitar though, and it's coming along nicely.

I play piano (i've been playing for 4 years - i play on a baby grand), and guitar. Someone in my class plays piano, trumpet, trombone, recorder, guitar, and 7 more instruments which i do not know what ones.

Back