• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Donating to TBF bar

SFG75

Could we have an item in the bottom where interested members may donate to TBF via paypal?? While it would be voluntary, I think enough folks consider this place a second home as I do and would gladly fork over some dough to help keep things running smoothly.

How's 'bout it?:cool:

I don't know if this is for admin/mods or members to respond to. However, i like the idea, as long as there is no division between those who pay and those who cannot or don't want to. Everyone should still get the same thing.

SFG75 said:
Could we have an item in the bottom where interested members may donate to TBF via paypal?? While it would be voluntary, I think enough folks consider this place a second home as I do and would gladly fork over some dough to help keep things running smoothly.

How's 'bout it?:cool:

Yeah, me too :)

StillILearn said:
I have never even given it a thought. What are the costs of keeping a forum like this up and running?

I remember Darren saying something around $1,200 or $1,500 in a post awhile back. That was in response to some thread about posting personal work if I'm not mistaken. The site probably gets some money from advertising, just thinking that every cent could go to a good cause. :cool:

SFG75 said:
I remember Darren saying something around $1,200 or $1,500 in a post awhile back. That was in response to some thread about posting personal work if I'm not mistaken. The site probably gets some money from advertising, just thinking that every cent could go to a good cause. :cool:

Do you mean like a Christmas party:D

SFG75 said:
to help keep things running smoothly.
Do you have any info that TBF is not getting enough money from adverts that it needs donations? :confused:
I would like to hear from Darren or Concordia Enterprises Ltd. if donations are needed to keep this site operating. :(

SFG75 said:
I remember Darren saying something around $1,200 or $1,500 in a post awhile back.

I'd really like you to go find that thread.

Before I posted this, there were 171,512 posts. At $1,200 a post that's $205,814,400.00

At $1500 per post that would be $257,268,000.00

205 to 257 million dollars to have a book forum with free membership?????

OK, perhaps you meant $1,200 per thread? There were 9,363 threads last I checked. That's $11,235,600.00

or at $1500 that would cost $14,044,500.00

11 to 14 million dollars you think?

And we all get to join for free, and post at will....?????

If you want to donate and have some fun too why not use the "competition and giveaway" funtion that nobody has used since I last did it almost a year ago. You can give away a book to somebody, have some sort of competition and provide TBF with some fundage. Everybody wins that way.

Occlith said:
Do you have any info that TBF is not getting enough money from adverts that it needs donations? :confused:
I would like to hear from Darren or Concordia Enterprises Ltd. if donations are needed to keep this site operating. :(

Ballpark figures & I might not even be correct on that. No matter what, it would be nice to help out.:cool:

No need to worry SFG, I'm sure this generates enough income:

addforTBF.gif

Motokid said:
I'd really like you to go find that thread.

Before I posted this, there were 171,512 posts. At $1,200 a post that's $205,814,400.00

At $1500 per post that would be $257,268,000.00

I think you misread the original post Motokid. :)

SFG75 said that he read in a post a while back that someone said it cost $1,200 to run the forum, not $1,200 per post. That would be a mighty dear forum to upkeep! :p

yep. totally missed that word "in"

but thanks to not being able to edit posts I'll fall back on having fun busting sfg's stones...

doesn't change this part though:
"If you want to donate and have some fun too why not use the "competition and giveaway" funtion that nobody has used since I last did it almost a year ago. You can give away a book to somebody, have some sort of competition and provide TBF with some fundage. Everybody wins that way."

I think that might save face for me a bit....that and the busting sfg's stones part...

Moto-LOL, I'm certain that form of fiction does very well. Believe it or not, I'm not the one who clicks on it....at least repeatedly. :p

And then there's always the voice of reason:

Occlith said:
:rolleyes:

Occlith said:
Motokid, you slacker. I found Darren's post for you.

Good job Occlith!!.:) I guessed a bit low eh? That's alright, the important thing is that interested members could help out if they felt a desire to do so. A tab at the bottom leading to paypal is a minor thing to me that has more positives than drawbacks.

Back