• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Donating to TBF bar

Okay, so now I'm being all serious and sincere. I don't know anything about Darren at all, so this is a real question requiring a real answer from somebody who does know him.

Why is Darren supporting this forum at all? Is it out of a sense of altruism? When did he start it and why? Who and where is he? Why would somebody pay $2000.00 per year for a forum that he doesn't visit or use?

I'm feeling a little bit like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz here ...

:confused:

So, if all us book addicts went into amazon.com through here, we'd be supporting TBF?

But, other than that Darren is paying our way? Why, do you think, he is willing to do that?

I'm grateful and everything -- I'm even very, very grateful -- but I'm still confused.

Does it sound ungrateful for me to admit to being be so confused? I've had so much fun posting here that I should be paying about a dollar per post, but ... but ... then I'd have to cut back on my posting. Should I cut back on my posting? Would it save Darren money somehow?

I honestly don't get how this works.

So, if all us book addicts went into amazon.com through here, we'd be supporting TBF?

Yes. Notice the Paypal link. Clicking any adverts on the forum supports the cost of running it.

But, other than that Darren is paying our way?

I assume that he covers expenses that adverts do not.

Why, do you think, he is willing to do that?

One possibility…he's a nice guy?

Does it sound ungrateful for me to admit to being be so confused?

Yes.:mad: :D

Should I cut back on my posting?

Sure, if you post garbage. If not, keep at it.

Would it save Darren money somehow?

I have no idea.

I honestly don't get how this works.

Maybe you don’t have to get it. Just enjoy TBF while it's still here.

StillILearn said:
Okay, so now I'm being all serious and sincere. I don't know anything about Darren at all, so this is a real question requiring a real answer from somebody who does know him.

Why is Darren supporting this forum at all? Is it out of a sense of altruism? When did he start it and why? Who and where is he? Why would somebody pay $2000.00 per year for a forum that he doesn't visit or use?

I'm feeling a little bit like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz here ...

:confused:

I think that those are interesting questions and not ungrateful at all. Since we've joined here, he's been a bit of a mystery hasn't he? We are bound to be curious:)

Motokid said:
I'd really like you to go find that thread.

Before I posted this, there were 171,512 posts. At $1,200 a post that's $205,814,400.00

At $1500 per post that would be $257,268,000.00

205 to 257 million dollars to have a book forum with free membership?????

OK, perhaps you meant $1,200 per thread? There were 9,363 threads last I checked. That's $11,235,600.00

or at $1500 that would cost $14,044,500.00

11 to 14 million dollars you think?

And we all get to join for free, and post at will....?????
Hilarious :D :D :D :D

muggle said:
Hilarious :D :D :D :D

Thank you !!! Thank you !!!

I can be hired for parties, graduations, anniverseries, proms, funerals, births, and any occasion where complete and total foolishness is acceptable and appreciated.

Motokid said:

I can be hired for parties, graduations, anniverseries, proms, funerals, births, and any occasion where complete and total foolishness is acceptable and appreciated.

As long as it isn't for financial advisor. :D :D :D

steffee said:
Wow, amazing merchandise, I had no idea that existed :eek: :D
and the nice thing is that when we buy from Amazon, TBF gets a commission. Gee, I wish I'd known that before!

pontalba said:
and the nice thing is that when we buy from Amazon, TBF gets a commission. Gee, I wish I'd known that before!
Yeah, me too. I buy a ton from Amazon.com and from now on I will buy through TBF.

Seriously-this needs to be made known very prominently on the site. We don't need a button if we can order and get TBF some credit. Why isn't this an option that more members know about? Heck, I'm glad that I started this as an option that more people will use has been discovered.

SFG75, this is your thread. So, why not make a suggestion in the feedback topic for TBF to publicize more and make it easier for everyone to buy on Amazon.com through TBF.

There is a paypal button

right here

at the bottom of the page

There's a link to this page on the TBF home page three-quarters of the way down on the left side of your screen. "Supporting the site"

Seriously though, if there was a funding issue don't you think there would be more of a push to get it? There are mods here who are capable of seeking donations. Money to run this site can't be an issue if they are not doing a better job of making this kind of thing noticable.

Mods.......many people go directly to this page to look at the forum topics and by-pass the home page. I believe that many of us would buy through TBF links to Amazon.com, etc if there were links to them on the Forums page as it would be a reminder to us.

What is the saying about "thinking alike". :)

StillILearn said:

Wow - I wasn't aware of that. :eek: I use amazon.com quite frequently. I'll be using the link from this site from now on. :)

Thanks for pointing this out as I was not aware of the link to Amazon either. But will be using from now on :D

Back