• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Down Time

Wabbit

Darren said:
Advance Warning - Site Dowtime 4th June 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Due to essential maintenance, The Book Forum will be down from 4th June 2004 for up to 48 hours.

Apologies for the long downtime but it is unavoidable

OH MY GOD!!!!!

48 hours?????? Darren! Say it aint so!!!!! What will I do????

*head in hands and a weeping*

Can't you all just squat in another forum for a couple of days? There are plenty of abandoned ones all over this infernal infoweb. You could just take one over while this one's down and then migrate back.

I have other places to play, so I think I'll be ok. And the sci fi bods are welcome to vent their forum angst and frustration at Futurenoir, but as we do have regular members playing there, they might interfere with your book forum vibe.

We have a test forum that hubby was using to test vbulletin 3.0. If y'all want a place to hang, hubby will set us up a "Book" forum for a couple of days. It won't be a fast as this, I'm sure (we don't have NEAR the bandwidth), but if y'all are interested, let me know and we'll get something set up for us hardcore addicts.

You forget Ashlea that a large number of us live in the UK - we dont get sun you know!! (Grumble, Grumble, Its all right if you're in Texas, grumble, grumble)

Phil :)

Ashlea said:
Go to a nice museum, then. Don't you live in Atlanta? ;)

And fight traffic to get downtown on a weekend after doing the 2 - 4 hour commute each day of the week for work? Sorry, no thanks. LOL

SillyWabbit said:
Ride the MARTA ( is that right? ) subway until you get mugged :D

I live in Gwinnett County and MARTA doesn't service Gwinnett -- it's 20 miles to the nearest MARTA station. :(

48 HOURS----?? !!!:eek:

OH, THANK GOD, GIVE ME A BREAK AT LAST. ;)

DARREN, well, you know, take your time. (Good luck!! :) )

Though 48 hours sound bit too long! :D

Darren, i know everyone appreciates this forum and how much effort you put into it to keep it running, so just ignore us and do whatever needs to be done - im sure we'll survive for a couple of days :)

Phil

Phil's right, Darren, just ignore us. I also greatly appreciate all the time and effort you put into this place....our moaning is just a testiment to how much we enjoy our time here. I'm sure we'll all survive 48 hours ;)

Back