• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

"Dumbledore Is Gay" says Rowling

Of course Dumbledore was gay - he entered Godric's Hollow and Slyther(d)in.:D

I should pretend I thought that up, but I'll be honest and admit it came from Jonathan Ross's writers.

"Dumbledore Is Gay" was just a teaser. I am looking forward to the revelation that Hermione and Harry had sex while hiding from the werewolf in The Prisoner of Azkaban.

Super secret sources, also known as "experts on a higher level than normal experts" are rumored to be working on a new media frenzy as we speak.

I snatched this from backwards read bit torrent sites with IP addresses blocked.

Not to be overshadowed by author J.K. Rowling, George Lucas has decided to expose Yoda as having had an intense sexual relationship with C3PO.

Some have speculated the news could raise DVD rental income by a few hundred thousand dollars.

C3P0 and Yoda. Just imagine the robotic attachments.

And concerning Harry Potter sans a fat lady singing... I think the money from a new book would be too irresistible for Rowling.

I honestly didn't see anything very wrong with this. :eek:

She's an author, her characters are her friends - people she has known for a long long time. Could it be possible that while she was writing these books she imagined Dumbledore as being gay? Very! This is simply how she viewed her own character. Yes, it wasn't added into the novels, but why would she add something so irrelevant to her story?

The reason I feel this way about this whole situation is because I am currently writing my own novel, and I have written profiles on my characters that include ridiculous, unnecessarily and irrelevant facts that I would never include in the story. However they are there to aid me in developing exactly who my characters are. :cool:

So I wouldn't go too hard on her. :p

There's certainly nothing wrong with her saying he's gay but then again was there any evidence of his sexual orientation in the books? Why is it important enough to bring up after the series is finished but not important enough to mention during? Be so bold to introduce a gay character before you've made hundreds of millions of dolllars if you're so principled.

Is that not OK? It might be old to you but keep in mind people show up at the forum at different times and if that is a subject that catches their interest then why not post a comment? I wish there were more things to discuss not less which is what you'd get if threads over a certain age disappeared completely.

There's certainly nothing wrong with her saying he's gay but then again was there any evidence of his sexual orientation in the books? Why is it important enough to bring up after the series is finished but not important enough to mention during? Be so bold to introduce a gay character before you've made hundreds of millions of dolllars if you're so principled.

I agree!!

I think it should have been from the begining, that is how parents can talk to their kids and raise them with the knowledge that we are all human beings, I think she was the homophobic one.

Isabel, I am going to go and look at all the old threads LOLawww.criticallayouts.com_images_rsgallery_original_lol_blue_ag1.gif

Most Certainly a publicity stunt. I cant believe that this is the first time i am reading that he is gay? I never picked up on that in any of the books...

Ohh well...

I also find it a bit unnecessary, but I sort of think she did it because some questions regarding Dumbledore's sexual orientation had came up after people who had watched the films noticed nothing about his private life was never mentioned, particularly after that film scene when he said he loves knitting magazines or something like that.
Anyway, I take it as a mere call for tolerance for today's people and particularly children. Like, she sort of revealed to people of all ages that one of the characters we all fell in love with when either reading or watching the films was gay and that actually made no difference at all as he was still just so bloody wicked.

Back