• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Dzien Dobry

Carrot

kickbox
Hello all, I have just joined you because I think that the next best thing to a good book is chatting about it. I am presently living in Tarnobrzeg, Poland. But hailing from Leeds in the UK my native language is English, so I can't chat that well around here. I am learning Polish and I hope that I will start to re-read some of my favourite books in the polish translations in a year or so.
Speaking of favourite books, I am a big Terry Pratchett fan but in between his releases I do read a wide variety of books. My interests include fact, science fiction, classics (I have just bought a full set of Dickens in auction), Thriller and general popular fiction. I also have a passion for P. G. Woodhouse but I have had difficulty finding all his books.

:)

Welcome to the forum, fellow Yorkshire person and Terry Pratchett fan! :)

Hey Wabbit, look - another Pratchett fan! :p

Hmmmm, that's a fantastic idea you have there! Now, if only I can find some biscuits that have no weevils in them! Who ate all the hobnobs? :mad:

Someone said hobnobs??? Got here fast! They only sell the standard fare hobnobs here - none of the chocolate variety that's supposed to be quite good.

Welcome, Carrot!

ds

Where?

Stewart said:
Czesc, Carrot,

Where in Poland is Tarnobrzeg?

if you draw a line east from Krakow and one south from Warsaw its somwhere near where they cross. Or if you look for Sandomierz, Tarnobrzeg is 15 Km south.

Back