• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Ed McBain.

velocipede2288

How many of you enjoy Ed McBain's 87th precinct novels as much as I do? And how many of you remember the early TV series based on the novels?
Can't get enough of them.
Alan.

How many of you enjoy Ed McBain's 87th precinct novels as much as I do? And how many of you remember the early TV series based on the novels?
Can't get enough of them.
Alan.

My mother used to read them and if I needed something to read I would grab one. Quick easy reading. Fun, too :)

I read about 5 or 6 of them.And it's true they are good.
Humour and good characterisation.
Fast Ollies book is really fun.The chapitre wrote by fat ollie as bad crime novel are hilarious.
I would recomand Donald Westlake to you if you enjoy Mac Bain.Specialy The Parker serie.
Lawrence Block is not to bad ether.
And for somethong a bit different try Pelecanos-specialy Right as rain.

I read about 5 or 6 of them.And it's true they are good.
Humour and good characterisation.
Fast Ollies book is really fun.The chapitre wrote by fat ollie as bad crime novel are hilarious.
I would recomand Donald Westlake to you if you enjoy Mac Bain.Specialy The Parker serie.
Lawrence Block is not to bad ether.
And for somethong a bit different try Pelecanos-specialy Right as rain.

I haven't read any Donald Westlake, I shall look out for him. Read quite a few Block though.Have six of his on my book shelf and an anthology. I like him a lot.

I haven't read any Donald Westlake, I shall look out for him. Read quite a few Block though.Have six of his on my book shelf and an anthology. I like him a lot.

Try looking for his books under the aka Richard Stark,there is about 21 in the parker serie.
Or under Westlake,the Dortmunder serie ,the best to me was Drown hope,i rarely stop laughing while reading it.
The story of a villain who get out of jail to discover that is money stash from a hugh bank robbery is lying one the bottom of an artifical lake(in a village submerge when a barrage was built)

Try looking for his books under the aka Richard Stark,there is about 21 in the parker serie.
Or under Westlake,the Dortmunder serie ,the best to me was Drown hope,i rarely stop laughing while reading it.
The story of a villain who get out of jail to discover that is money stash from a hugh bank robbery is lying one the bottom of an artifical lake(in a village submerge when a barrage was built)

Thanks for the input. Notes have been made.

Back