• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Euro 2004

Martin said:
Congratz, Phil.

Two words - Wayne. Rooney.

Cheers, Martin

Yea, he's a great player already, but as an Evertonian I'm in two minds; it's great to see him do well for England :) but it probably means that he won't be playing here for much longer :mad:

Yeah, I know what you mean - I heard his worth has risen to 73 million euro's, and that was before today!

Anyway, I have the same problem. I support Ajax Amsterdam, and their Swedish forward, Ibrahimovic, isn't doing too shabby either (remember that goal against Italy?), so Ajax better start looking for a new forward. :(

Cheers, Martin

For me it's a sad state of affairs when all the money (and, therefore the top players) in football is concentrated in the hands of a few clubs, and it's set to get worse - if you can't compete in the Champions League you lose players and money to those who can and a vicious spiral begins. Anyway, I should just savour the moment - it won't last long, never does with England

So, Sweden and Denmark got the 2-2 draw they needed. I didn't see the game and can't believe such a result could be fixed, but questions will be asked (especially in Italy :rolleyes: Arrivederci l'Italia!)

Well i'll say this much, on the basis of the Italians playing like warm poop for the first half of the match (and the rest of the tournament as well), they deserved to go out :)

Phil

I totally agree with Phil. And I absolutely sniggered when I saw that Italy made the winning goal just seconds after Sweden knocked in the equaliser!

I loathe the Italians.

Cheers, Martin

I especially can't stand the fact that every single one of them seems to have a personal stylist standing just outside the pitch, ready to run in and get their impeccable sideburns even more impeccable.

And they played like crap, so they deserve to go home. Go home!

That was the most convenient 2-2 I have ever seen, and I haven't stopped smiling since - did that Danish goalkeeper really put much effort into saving that final ball?

I think not!

Hooray for the Danish! And the Swedish!

Did I mention that I loathe the Italians?

No?

Because I do, you know?

Cheers, Martin

First of all, yes they are. Bunch of arrogant bastards.

Secondly, did you write that post for the sole purpose of poking Wabbit? You did, didn't you?

Cheers, Martin

How can you like the Italians - I don't understand that. They are so intensely unlikable!

You're weird.

Cheers, Martin

Heh, she goes all squiggly eyed everytime the Italians and the Spanish come one - so what a shame it is that they are both out :D

Still, theres always the French dear ;)

Phil

Back