• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Evanescence

Steph

I am so obsessed with this band! Amy Lee has the best singing voice I have ever heard. Even though they have only one album done, I listen to all their songs almost everyday! Does anyone know when their new album will be out?

Amy said on evboard.com that the album won't be out until August. It would be out in the summer, but she's firing her manager for sexual harassment and Terry had a stroke, so it was delayed.
In the meantime, I suggest you download the songs from Origin, Evanescence EP, and Sound Asleep/Whisper EP if you haven't already. I have those and some of their demos; you cannot buy these anymore unless you get a bootleg copy, and Amy herself recommends downloading. That should hold you off until the album comes out. ^-^
BTW, you should check evboard.com because the band posts there. Don't become a member though, the people on there are rude and it's impossible to break into the social group.

Yes; I also have all of their stuff from when they were still a garage band. They released three CD's: Evanescence EP, Sound Asleep/Whisper EP, and Origin. They also did a lot of demos, and not many people seem to know about their live album, Anywhere But Home. Amy Lee has also done vocals for the bands Seether and Trading Yesterday (or at least for the lead singer; I don't know if they were the whole band or not), did vocals on the movie Underworld that can't be heard on the soundtrack, and was supposed to write music for The Chronicles of Narnia, but her work was said to be too dark and they used Alanis Morissette's instead.
Anyway, next album's going to be called The Open Door, and all of the songs are related to one another. There will be no covers or re-makes of older Evanescence songs, but Amy's song that was scrapped from Narnia will be on it. According to Amy at evboard.com, anyway.

I must admit that I am a fan of Evanescence. Not at all my style of music, but Amy's voice and the beat of teh music with it I seem to like. Love their 1st album!!!:)

I have Fallen and also Anywhere But Home. The dvd is awesome. If you are an Evanescence fan, you should definitely get it.

Vespertilio91 said:
My friend Kat let me borrow Anywhere But Home, and I loved it. I gotta give that back someday. ^^
Yes, you do. Being without a CD for over four months is quite infuriating, to say the least. ^-^ *catches Nick in a headlock and threatens him*

*screaming* "No, I won't give it back. Never. Never. Not even if you send me to the Happy Place. Never. It's mine now, you hear. Mine. Mine. Mine. Not even if you make me stay with your crazy aunt. I'll never give it back. NEVER!"

Hmm...on the bright side, new album, The Open Door, is out October 3! It's official! Yay! They updated their website and it's really awesome-looking. On the news, they implied this CD would have a lot of choral-type stuff in the rock music. Maybe it'll sound a little more like Nightwish, my other favorite band, which would be cool. I like Nightwish's style more, but I like Amy's voice more than Tarja's.

Oh, has anyone heard the new single off of The Open Door? Call Me When You're Sober? It's really good, and the music video is even better. Woohoo!

I had thier first CD (on bootleg) It was alright when they first came out, I was a huge fan I listened to the music all night long. Then I don't know, it got irritating after a while she a has a hell of a voice but it becomes clawing after a while. The new single in pretty good.

Their music's not bad. I wouldn't go out and purchase their albums; they're more of a "download the singles" band :D. Amy Lee's voice is decent enough, but it's not that powerful and attention-getting. I do like how they're one of the few mainstream bands to use orchestras and choirs in their music...

I am so not talking to you two anymore, Mogo, Anamnesis. Insulting Amy Lee with her "clawing voice." Despicable. :D ;D

I love the new album. My friend burned it for me and I haven't stopped listening to it since.

Back