• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Everything Wine

We've been focusing on whites lately but I had a great red this weekend.
2002 Bulls Blood (of Eger). Produced in Hungary. Very big flavor, excellent with red meats or red sauced pastas. I really enjoyed this wine and would recommend it highly.

Dogmatix...
you never said if you liked the Vinho Verde...? uh-oh...unless that was on purpose:(

Sofia said:
Dogmatix...
you never said if you liked the Vinho Verde...? uh-oh...unless that was on purpose:(
I am also interested in hearing if you liked it or not. May save me buying a bottle to try. :p

We are having spaghetti w/ marinara sauce & zucchini cut up in for dinner tonight. We am going to have the 2004 Georges Duboeuf Beaujolais Villages Flower Label with the dinner.

Sofia said:
Dogmatix...

Yes I did! Sorry I've been busy at the hospital and haven't kept up with the boards as much as usual. Drank it over the course of Sunday while reading mr. muo's traveling couch. It was raining here so it was a perfect day for a good wine and a good book. Thanks for the suggestion. Keep em' comming.

I finished the bottle of Nora tonight. For some reason it was even better than last night. It was actually pretty awesome.

You know I often find that (wine better after being open a day) I'm sure it has something to do with oxygen exposure.. I remember once I opened a bottle on recommendation of a friend and downright did not like it. I failed to toss it and decided to have a glass the second day and it was fine, quite good in fact. (wish I could rememner it's name - it was a red)

You are correct. Many of the good wines frequently require a couple hours minimum of breathing to reveal their true character. This is especially true of the great Bordeaux wines. Gosh, I wish I had a few bottles left of the 1982 Branaire Ducru. Never, have I tasted a wine that would compare to it. It was worth every penny of the $750 or so it could have sold for.

Side note to mehastings.......Care to share with us what wines you have in your Cellar.

right now I am having another Portuguese wine....Grao Vasco (white wine)....named for the famous Portuguese painter Grao Vasco (1480-1543), the pseudonym of Vasco Fernandes. Good with seafood and salads...a little dry, but not too shabby...:D
in case anyone is interested
http://www.wineanorak.com/dao1_overview.htm

Sofia said:
right now I am having another Portuguese wine....Grao Vasco (white wine)....named for the famous Portuguese painter Grao Vasco (1480-1543), the pseudonym of Vasco Fernandes. Good with seafood and salads...a little dry, but not too shabby...:D
in case anyone is interested
http://www.wineanorak.com/dao1_overview.htm
Would you mind giving us a comparison against the Vinho Verde. Which do you prefer. Do it tomorrow though after YZZ SZZZZ UZ. :D

muggle said:
Would you mind giving us a comparison against the Vinho Verde. Which do you prefer. Do it tomorrow though after YZZ SZZZZ UZ. :D
I didn't forget Muggle...I have a bottle of Vinho Verde that I'll be opening today...then I'll let you know (first one in awhile)

steffee said:
Yeah sofia, you're not quite sure which you prefer, are you? You need to double check. ;)
You are talking wine, are you not.;) :D

I have tasted 3 Spanish white wines recently, all bought at World Market:

Nora - $13.99
Las Brisas - $9.99
Marques de Caceres Roija (White) - $6.99

They were all very good and I will buy them all again. I preferred them though in the order I listed them. In these cases the better wine was the most expensive.

A thought, when discussing wines, would it be beneficial (appropriate) if we listed where we bought them and the cost???

NYTimes had a piece on the resurgence and improvement in Rose'. Whodathunkit? Anyone drinking Rose' right now? I always think of it as too sweet but I'm willing to try.

Yes, as a matter of fact I bought 6 bottles of a Pinot Noir Rose.....called Tin Roof....and it is very good. It is a california wine.

Edit: I have 2 bottles remaining.

Back