• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

family guy

bobbyburns

alright, which jokes were so stupid that you were rolling off the edge of your couch?

for me it was the first episode I ever saw, way back when it was on fox.

brian's in trial:

judge: you're guilty!
brian: oh no!
lois: oh no!
pete: oh no!
[kool-aid man busts through the wall]
kool-aid man: OH YEAH!

another one was when peter was in a job interview and the man asks him what he will be doing in five years, and the voice in peter's head keeps repeating, "don't say 'doing your wife'". he looks at the man's picture of his family and then he says, "doing your ... son".

man, that was stupid.

I like the episode where bobbyburns screws up a thread.

Well, actually, I like Stewie and Brian best. Can't think of a particular scene rightaway though.

It's actually all part of a cunning plan to make you think it was you, when in fact... Oh, I'm giving it away!

It seems today that all you see
Is violence in movies and sex on TV
But where are those good ol' fashion values
On which we used to rely?

I'm adding an addendum to this thread. for those who are curious, the fourth season of family guy premiers on fox on may 1st at 9pm, followed by seth macfarlane's new cartoon american dad.

I never heard of this show, so I thought the other thread was a clever existential statement.

puts paper bag back on head

Family Guy is brilliant, but I think we've only had two seasons shown here, and they were hidden away on C4. It's ages since I saw it, so I can't remember any specific scenes, but my favourite was probably one involving Stewie - that kid is priceless.

Halo said:
Family Guy is brilliant, but I think we've only had two seasons shown here, and they were hidden away on C4.

The Third Season was shown on Sky and all three are available on DVD - ah, DVD! the sole reason that there is a Season 4.

I still love the Roadrunner and Wile E. Coyote scene from Season 1.

I don't have Sky... :( And why do C4 always put the good stuff on at really stupid times? They showed the last season of Futurama on Sat mornings at 8.55 - consequently I used to forget about it and only saw about three of them.

A few of my favorites from Stewie and Quagmire:

Stewie: (reading the Bible) "My my, what a thumping good read, lions eating Christians, people nailing each other to two by fours. I'll say, you won't find that in Winnie the Pooh."

Stewie: "Hello mother, I come bearing a gift. I'll give you a hint: it's in my diaper, and it's not a toaster."

Quagmire: (Quagmire walks into a toilet stall to see a cheerleader tied up and gagged.) "Dear diary...jackpot!"

And the immortal: "Giggidy giggidy"

Kookamoor said:
Stewie: (reading the Bible) "My my, what a thumping good read, lions eating Christians, people nailing each other to two by fours. I'll say, you won't find that in Winnie the Pooh."

I'm just imagining that said in Stewie's voice! :D I should have that for my signature!

"There's an evil monkey in my closet!!"

Cant think of a favorite line, but one I use often is from the Christmas episode where Peter loses the gifts and everything burns. Lois is handling it so well until--"NO PAPER TOWELS!!!" :eek: :D

one of the best things about family guy is the sheer stupidity of peter being so stupid he can't lie to cover up his own stupidity. this is one of this finest moments ...

peter: I'll handle it, lois. I read a book about this sort of thing once.
brian: are you sure it was a book? are you sure it wasn't nothing?
peter: oh, yeah.

My favourite episode was when Peter was feeding beans to Tom Selleck on the TV and Higgins got in the way.

"NO! You've had yours!"

Genious. :p

Stewie: Well, I'd love to stay and chat, but you're a total bitch

i love Stewie

one of my favorite scenes is when Lois and Peter are having a regular conversation in their bedroom. you can't see them, you can see just the door and hear their conversation. then it shows them nearing the end of the conversation and they've been getting dressed for bed. they're both wearing leather bondage attire and Lois slaps on her last glove and adds "the safety word is banana".

I love the episode where Stewie has been taken into a foster home with all these kids from around the world. It's classic Stewie when he destroys their little "rainbow" of harmony. :p

I love when they make fun of people from Newport. I grew up about 25 minutes from Newport and we used to go out there for the beach. There's some special folks out there that really need a little Peter Griffin in their lives.

BTW, has anyone here ever eaten a Quahog?

bobbyburns said:
never had one. what is it?

awww.assateague.com_clam_top.gif

It's a big clam basicly. The shell is hard and they are tougher than the average clam that you eat. You can steam the small ones, but we usually dig them up and then eat them raw.

I was just wondering about it because I've found a lot of Family Guy fans who wonder what Quahog means, as it is an odd sounding name for a town.

Back