• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Favorite book

freedom from the known, by j. krishnamurti. it struck a complete chord with me, more than any book I've read, though, sometimes I thought it would be nice if he were still alive so I could ask him a few questions. in a way his was the first book that didn't come off as someone talking at me, but a person who really cared about the world and wanted people to be able to think for themselves.

Hands down The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. That book stayed with me for weeks after. I felt I was on the lookout for the characters to appear in my real life.

The Favorite Book Consensus

Everyone should post their favorite books from 1-5(has to be in order) and after I will put the results together and we will have a general consensus of the Book Forum's favorite Books.

I would rather people not harried Jmovie please. I think the point is been made. Maybe the user is new to forums? It's an easy mistake not to use the search function. I have done it myself.

Let's have some politeness and understanding OK?

Thanks.

even though this thread is a little old, my favorite book the most recent summer was White Oleander. i also really liked Girl, Interrupted and Who Killed Kurt Cobain?.

the most interesting and fascinating books i read this summer are "Extremely loud and incredibly close" by Safran Foer and "the sleeping voice" by Dulce Chacòn

I absolutely adored Life of Pi by Yann Martel, Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood and Outlander (Cross Stitch) by Diana Gabladon. Sorry, I really couldn't limit myself to one, I loved them all equally as much.

I think Sideways was my favorite book this summer. I've been trying to think of what my favorite book this summer was, and all I could remember were the half-dozen or so books I really hated. I think it was a lousy summer for reading, so it was hard to remember the few books I actually enjoyed.

My favorite book this summer was The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux, which I have read several times already, and am currently re-reading now. I think that most fans of the musical or movie would enjoy the book, and non-fans of the later productions would probably enjoy it as well. It's very sad, tragic, and slightly horrifying and romantic at times.

MonkeyCatcher said:
I absolutely adored Life of Pi by Yann Martel, Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood

Me too. Even though I read Life of Pi in the autumn. Hawaii by Michener was fun & Chuck's David Copperfield was a genuine gem for me as well.

Back