• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Favorite female singers

Courtney Love
Fiona Apple
Bjork
Tori Amos
Sarah Mclachlin
PJ Harvey
Ruby--if you don't know her you HAVE to check her out...
KT Tunstall
Shirley Manson

There's probably a ton more too I can't think of atm... I <3 female rock singers...

kd lang

Her early stuff is amazing. IMHO, Shadowland was her best album. Her newest one Reintarnation is very good as well.

Avril Lavigne
Celine Dion (up to the middel of the 90s, her reasent albums have been crap in my opinion)

Madonna
Johnette Napolitano of Concrete Blonde
Not really modern, but Janis Joplin is one of my all-time favorites.
Olivia Newton John has never been a favorite until recently when my hubby resurrected her to me via youtube.
Kim & Kelly Deal of the Breeders

Anamnesis said:
I guess I'll add Courtney Love to the list. She's weird as hell and her voice isn't the best I've heard, but she's still created some great music.
Yeah, Kurt wrote some amazing stuff before he died and she claimed it as her own.

Loveridden said:
Yes and I'm sure you knew Kurt personally and knew the things he wrote by himself, and you have proof of this....
I wish.

For what it's worth, I have all of her albums. I apologize if I stepped on your toes. It's been an ongoing joke for so long, that I didn't realize anyone would actually take the statement seriously. I guess I should've used some emoticons so everyone could recognize my sarcastic sense of humor. Please disregard the statement if it offends you. It was certainly not my intention.

Aimee Mann is by far my favorite female singer...
On top of my list are also Norah Jones, Regina Spektor, Tory Amos, Fiona Apple, Jewel, Diana Krall and Sheryl Crow.

I also like some some portuguese female singers like Mariza and Sónia Tavares (from a band called The Gift).

Susan Tedeschi

Hi there! I think I´ve heard of her. Somewhere. I´ll have to check out how she sounds then.

In no particular order:

- Celine Dion
- Shania Twain
- Barbra Streisand (in small doses though)
- Sarah Brightman
- Idina Menzel

Gwen Stephani has a cool voice and really rocks.

And for a real clear and pretty voice, how about Hayley Westerna?

Loads, I'm afraid, and crossing genres, but as a few examples:

Ella Fitzgerald and Nina Simone.

Edith Piaf and Marlene Dietrich and Lotte Lenya. Ute Lemper and Olivia Ruiz.

Annie Lennox and Cher and Debbie Harry.

Kate Bush-Suzanne Vega-Sam Brown-Mary Coughlan-Loreena McKinnett for years.

Karine Polwart-Amy Macdonald-Martina McBride-Dido-Jem more recently.

Sarah Blasko
Miss Connie - Sneaky Sound System

this thead has made me realise that 90% of the music I listen to is performed by guys. Going to have to find some good chick music I think.

Back