• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Favorite Middle Earth Race

Ent is walking and talking tree in LotR. They defeated Saruman.
My favourite race is human, the least- elves, they are so egocentric and supercilious.

The Stoors were actually one of the races that came from the east from which hobbits spawned; the evolutionary precursors of hobbits, if you will.

defiant_whisper said:
YAAAY!!!... the ent's are by far the best thing in the trilogy... although... i think Tom Bombadil is the best character... but i'm not sure what his race would be... i don't think they ever tell you

I consider Tom Bombadil as a cross between a human and a ferry. :D
Ohhh..well nevermind.

Themistocles said:
The Stoors were actually one of the races that came from the east from which hobbits spawned; the evolutionary precursors of hobbits, if you will.

Dd you use the Silmarillion as reference for that statement? :confused:

My mistake, the Stoors are hobbits, just not the same kind of hobbits as Frodo, Bilbo et al. (there are three strains.)

The Elves because they kick ass, plain and simple. Who doesn't want superhuman senses and speed? And I think I missed out the immortality. Plus, you've got to respect a race thats always right, yet somehow has a high blonde hair population. Mystifying...

I like the elves very much, because of their beautiful language and their cool abilities (like seeing and hearing extremely well). But I also like humans. I guess because they are just so... well, human ;) .

I have to say that the Wizards and Eagles are my favorite race. Gandalf and Saruman both are extraordinary and the Eagles, especially Gwaihir are majestic and brave.

I'm a warm fuzzy kind of person, give me good old furry footed Hobbits every time. With thier simple little Shire life, they make me feel cheerful and silly.

The Ents are pretty cool though, they sort of put me in mind of Native Americans, for a deeper more thoughtfully appealing image.

The Elves. . . not to keen on them. They're a little too, Elvish I guess. Something about them gives me that bull in a china shop feeling just for being part of (hu)mankind.

What about:
h. goblins
i. urak hai
j. the giant spiders
k. trolls
l. nazgul
m. horses
n. wargs
o. eagles

My Fav races

Out of those, K-Dawn, it would have to be the nazgul, and out of the original ones at the start of the thread it would have to be Dragons (authough it was a bit supid of Smaug to leave a weak spot over his heart :D)

Back