• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Favorite Movies

some of mine-

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Grosse Point Blank
Chasing Amy
American Splender
Amelie
Dogma
Very Bad Things
Labyrinth
Drop Dead Fred
Pushing Tin
Quills
Kill Bill
Enemy at the Gate
Tank Girl
A Walk on the Moon
Eternal Sunshine on a Spotless Mind
The Station Agent
Pieces of April
Igby Goes Down
Ed Wood

Here's the short list in no particular order:

Rear Window
Charade
The Haunting
The Longest Yard (1974)
Cool Hand Luke
The Last Emporer
Time Bandits
West World
Musa the Warrior
The Magnificent Ruffians
Snake in the Monkey's Shadow
the Clint Eastwood Spaghetti Western trio - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly; A Fistful of Dollars; For A Few Dollars More

Todo sobre mi madre
Bennys video
The Hunger
Buffalo '66
Normal Life/Crime of Passion
Dekalog, piec
Blue River
Drop Dead Gorgeous
A Simple Plan
Seul contre teus
Friday the 13:th part VI: Jason Lives
Ghost in the Shell
Happiness
Seom
Joint Security Area
La Carne
The Graduate
Naked (1993)
Nightwatch (1998)
Ninja Scroll
The Omen
Pom Poko
Salò o le 120 giornate di Sodoma
Solaris (1972)
Soylent Green
Spirited Away
Stalker
Storytelling
The Crying Game
The Ninth Gate
Videodrome
Welcome to the Dollhouse

even though jason wasn't the killer in it, I still think the first friday the 13th was vastly superior to all the subsequent sequals. it was a rather nicely shot film, actually. it was also the only one that had gore effects that didn't suck ballz. but, then, pretty much any film with tom savini is gonna have top notch special makeup effects.

Wolhay said:
Ninja Scroll
What a trip this was. I love ninjas, and this one really is too cool. I've seen the supposed sequel too, Ninja Resurrection and the Ninja Scroll series, but nothing beats the original movie.

Also, Studio Ghibli is awesome. I got the full catalogue on VCDs and any anime that the wife pesters me to watch with her has to be good. :)

ds

Salò o le 120 giornate di Sodoma
I don't know if I would put this one as one of my favorite movies. I didn't so much enjoy it, more like I endured it. It is an excellent film though. Probably not one I would rewatch many times.
heh, yeah dude. did you ever see sidehackers? I'm pretty sure that's the worst film they ever dissed on. that, or manos.
Yeah, I've seen both of those and they are hilarious! Another favorite is when the do Mitchell, that one is great as well.

It's hard to decide. Many movies I've watched are my favorite movies!! :D
The Butterfly Effect
The Bone Collector
Being Julia
Romeo & Juliet
a lot a lot and a lot. couldnt list them all here

bobbyburns said:
even though jason wasn't the killer in it, I still think the first friday the 13th was vastly superior to all the subsequent sequals. it was a rather nicely shot film, actually. it was also the only one that had gore effects that didn't suck ballz. but, then, pretty much any film with tom savini is gonna have top notch special makeup effects.
What I liked about the first movie other than the plot was the introduction to the camp, the ending and the suspenseful forests shot seen through the eyes from the killer (supposedly) but I don't think that the perspective seen through the eyes of the killer was good in the actual scenes when people were killed and the effects weren't my favourite part of the movie.

direstraits said:
What a trip this was. I love ninjas, and this one really is too cool. I've seen the supposed sequel too, Ninja Resurrection and the Ninja Scroll series, but nothing beats the original movie.

Also, Studio Ghibli is awesome. I got the full catalogue on VCDs and any anime that the wife pesters me to watch with her has to be good.
I've wanted to see the series as well since they usually are better than abbreviated movies based on them but it's so bloody expensive to purchase whole series that usually have to be imported.

Is the (supposed) sequel at least worth watching? I hadn't even heard that it existed.

Ghibli is nice. You can see parts of the inner city of Stockholm in "Kiki's Delivery Service" and some of the signs are even in Swedish.

lenny nero said:
I don't know if I would put this one as one of my favorite movies. I didn't so much enjoy it, more like I endured it. It is an excellent film though. Probably not one I would rewatch many times.
I guess some of the storytelling events can be a bit long but you can fastforward through them to enjoy the rest of the movie.

Apollo 13
Twister
The Day after tomorrow
Elizabeth (cate Blanchette)
Armageddon
Volcano
All the Harry Potters

as you can see I love natural disaster movies

Shaun of the Dead(hands down favorite)
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Monty Python and the Meaning of Life
Monty Python and the Life of Brian
Spaceballs

All I can think of right now......

Wolhay said:
Is the (supposed) sequel at least worth watching? I hadn't even heard that it existed.
Wolhay, the sequel, Ninja Resurrection, follows not the story from the first movie. Enjoyable movie, this isn't. Suck badly, it did. Confusingly, hero has an eye patch, hair is different, but share the same name as the hero in the first movie.

I have the series in a single DVD, and I'm not sure if everything in the series is in there. However, 1) I haven't finished it, and 2) it didn't hold my interest for too long, and 3) there weren't any specialized ninja foes to whack and 4) it has tech robots/machines monsters, which totally spoiled it for me. I normally don't enjoy a mixing of modern and medieval.

ds

I saw 'Ninja Resurrection' for a "cheap" price by comparison to other anime but I'll probably skip it then and look into the series more before I contemplate to purchase it or not.

amcartoon said:
Shaun of the Dead(hands down favorite)
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Monty Python and the Meaning of Life
Monty Python and the Life of Brian
Spaceballs
If you liked Monty Python and Spaceballs, search the forums and you'll see there are plenty here who share your love for these brilliant shows.

ds

Back