• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

favorite song?

abecedarian said:
This is the micro-mini verson of my current favorite song list.

Seminole Wind-John Anderson
Dust in the Wind-Kansas
Take Me Home Country Roads-John Denver
Hold Me Jesus-Rich Mullins
The Ninety and Nine-Andrew Peterson
Desperado-Eagles
The Darkest Hour is Just Before Dawn-Emmylou Harris & Ricky Skaggs
Battle Hymn of Love-Kathy Mattea & Tim O'Brien

I have to agree with all you Neil Diamond fans..he is great. My cousin had a 45 of Cracklin Rosie that we wore out when we were kids..along with The Unicorn by the Irish Rovers...
Cracklin Rosie and Unicorn were great songs. The Darkest Hour Is Just Before Dawn by Emmylou and Ricky is a song that I don't get tired of listening to.

I was/am a big fan of John Anderson. I have some of his albums including the Seminole Wind. Years ago I called in and requested the "Just A Swingin" song on a radio station. When they started to play the song they blew a transformer. The following night they played the song and made mention of how they blew the transformer the previous night when they attempted to play it.

muggle said:
Cracklin Rosie and Unicorn were great songs. The Darkest Hour Is Just Before Dawn by Emmylou and Ricky is a song that I don't get tired of listening to.

I was/am a big fan of John Anderson. I have some of his albums including the Seminole Wind. Years ago I called in and requested the "Just A Swingin" song on a radio station. When they started to play the song they blew a transformer. The following night they played the song and made mention of how they blew the transformer the previous night when they attempted to play it.
The lyrics:

There's a little girl, in our neighborhood
Her name is Charlotte Johnson and she's really lookin good
I had to go and see her, so I called her on the phone
I walked over to her house, and this was goin' on

Her brother was on the sofa, eatin' chocolate pie
Her moma was in the kitchen cuttin' chicken up to fry
Her daddy was in the back yard rollin up a garden hose
I was on the porch with Charlotte feelin' love down to my toes

Chorus:
And we were swingin' (swinging)
Yes we were swingin' (swinging)
Little Charlotte she's as pretty as the angels when they sing
I can't believe I'm out here on the front porch swing
Just a swingin' (swingin) Just a swingin' (swingin)

Now Charlotte she's a darlin she's the apple of my eye
When I'm on the swing with her it makes me almost high
Now Charlotte is my lover and she has been since the spring
I can't believe it started on her front porch in the swing

Silver Dagger - Joan Baez
Anything by Tori Amos - but mainly Boys for Pele
Don't Think Twice, It's Alright - Bob Dylan
I Drove All Night - Roy Orbison

That's all I can think of at the moment, but there are countless others.

angerball said:
Silver Dagger - Joan Baez
Anything by Tori Amos - but mainly Boys for Pele
Don't Think Twice, It's Alright - Bob Dylan
I Drove All Night - Roy Orbison

That's all I can think of at the moment, but there are countless others.

I think I know Silver Dagger,but sung by Gillian Welch. It's an eerie song!

abecedarian said:
I think I know Silver Dagger,but sung by Gillian Welch. It's an eerie song!

Haven't heard that version; the one by Joan Baez starts off "Don't sing love songs, you'll wake my mother. She's sleeping here, right by my side....". I first heard it in the movie Dogfight, one of River Phoenix's last films.

Just a few -

Private Investigations; Romeo and Juliet - Dire Straits

Angel - Sarah McLachlan

Ghetto Gospel - 2Pac and Elton John

Zimbabwae - Toni Childs

Desert Rose - Sting

Poppy1 said:
Ghetto Gospel - 2Pac and Elton John
I love that song, Poppy. It's my ring tone, which I alternate with Madonna's Hung Up. And Dire Straits are brilliant. Sting is okay, he's a Geordie. ;)

Favourite songs at the moment:
Tori Amos - Merman, followed closely by China, Past the Mission, Silent All These Years, Jackie's Strength, Ireland, Original Sinsuality... oh hell, anything by her.
John Lennon - Beautiful Boy and of course, Imagine. And Jealous Guy, and Woman.
David Bowie - Thursday's Child and Life on Mars?
Kelis - Millionaire
KT Tunstall - False Alarm and Silent Sea. Oh, and Heal Over, and Through the Dark, and Under the Weather.
James Blunt - Cry, and High.
Roxette - June Afternoon, and Queen of Rain, and See Me.
Libera - Sanctus, Sanctus II and Locus Iste (Sanctus), and a few more.
Delta Goodrem - Out of the Blue... actually, anything by her.
Katie Melua - Shy Boy, and loads more.
Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah
Eric Carmen - Hungry Eyes
PJ Olsson - Ready For a Fall
Adam Cohen - Cry Ophelia
Nikki Hassman - Any Lucky Penny

And tons more, but they are on my current playlist.

CDA said:
I have always failed to understand how anyone can pin down ONE favourite song. A batch, I guess, I could do. Just. But one song? It would almost be like having to choose a single woman to spend the rest of my life with.

:D

steffee said:
Tori Amos - Merman, followed closely by China, Past the Mission, Silent All These Years, Jackie's Strength, Ireland, Original Sinsuality... oh hell, anything by her.

Ireland's a bit of a shit song, really. The Power Of Orange Knickers, Parasol, and that one near the end of The Beekeeper that I can't remember the name of were much better.

Stewart said:
Ireland's a bit of a shit song, really. The Power Of Orange Knickers, Parasol, and that one near the end of The Beekeeper that I can't remember the name of were much better.
I hate Orange Knickers. Goodbye Pisces? Forgot about that, that's brilliant. It's probably not the one you mean though. Little Eathquakes is a far superior album to The Beekeeper too, I think.

Edit: and Ireland is a lovely song. And grrr, Orange Knickers is playing in my head now, it's gonna be there all day.

pink floyd....wish you were here
led zep.......thank you, bron-yr aur,.......sod it, all of em!!!
gabrielle......dreams, sunshine through my window
keane.........bedshaped
toploader....achilles heel

Stewart said:
Call of the Search - Katie Melua
Wow, I thought you only listened to the really obscure stuff. But Katie Melua in 2004? Jeez.

Whatever happened to this thread between March 2004 and January 2006? Is there another, similar one? Weird.

steffee said:
Wow, I thought you only listened to the really obscure stuff. But Katie Melua in 2004? Jeez.

Whatever happened to this thread between March 2004 and January 2006? Is there another, similar one? Weird.

I was bored last night Steff and started digging around. Thought lots of people might like to add to it. :)

Pachelbel - Canon in D Major
Stevie Wonder - I Just Called To Say I Love You
Bad Religion - Epiphany

Nemo-Nightwish
Vampire Heart-HIM
I Just Wanna Live-Good Charlotte
Die Romantic-Aiden
The Last Sunrise-Aiden
Rip Out the Wings of a Butterfly-HIM
Romanticide-Nightwish
My Immortal-Evanescence
Killing Loneliness-HIM
Under the Rose-HIM
I Write Sins not Tragedies-Panic! At the Disco
The Only Difference Between Matryrdom and Suicide is Press Coverage-Panic! At the Disco
Bleed Black-AFI
Silver and Cold-AFI
Girl's Not Grey-AFI
Our Lawyer Made Us Change the Name of this Song so We wouldn't get Sued-Fall Out Boy
Dance, Dance-Fall Out Boy
Sugar, We're Going Down-Fall Out Boy
Motivation Proclamation-Good Charlotte
Ghost of You-Good Charlotte
Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous-Good Charlotte
The Anthem-Good Charlotte
My Bloody Valentine-Good Charlotte
Mr. Brightside-Killers
Helena-My Chemical Romance
The Ghost of You-My Chemical Romance
Wish I had an Angel-Nightwish
Planet Hell-Nightwish
Dark Chest of Wonder-Nightwish
Kuolema Tekee Taitelijan-Nightwish

If you haven't noticed, I am REALLY into emo, goth, and alternative rock. This is just a sample of all my favorite songs! Music is second in life only to reading, because music is poetry with sounds. I still hate the long names these f***ing bands make up that don't even make sense to the song.

My favorite songs are always changing aswell. There are way to many to choose from. Right now i like is Peace of Mind or More than a Feeling - by Boston.

Well, this is the current bunch of CDs that I've got near me; the remainder (hundreds more) are all in a cupboard because I'm running out of space for all my books, DVDs, and CDs. :(

I started throwing away all the CD jewel cases eight years ago and now keep all discs in two very large zippered cases in loose alphabetic order. I can stow them under the bed and out of sight. Then I use a couple of 25 disc storage cases for the car and home stereo and 'rotate' CD's from the 'vault' that way.

My favorite songs still include Into the Mystic and Moondance/Van Morrison, Save the Last Dance for Me/Sam Cook, Come Monday and pretty much anything by Jimmy Buffett, and Walkin for Your Love/Widespread Panic.

Books are taking over though and are stacked everywhere. I think towering stacks make a fine decorative theme. Who needs nicknacks and cute stuff?

My favorite song changes all the time! My list includes:

John Lennon: "Imagine"
Josh Groban: "Let Me Fall"
Alanis Morrisette: "Uninvited"
Michael Buble: "You and I"
"Bolero"
West Side Story: "I Have A Love/One Hand, One Heart"
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat: "Close Every Door to Me"
Barry Manilow: "One Voice"

I would say these are my favorites because I NEVER get tired listening to them.

"Who Knows Where the Time Goes" sung by Sandy Denny with Fairport Convention.

"God Only Knows" by the Beach Boys

"Green Onions" by Booker T. & the MG's

I don't have a favorite song since I love so many. I guess what I have is something like the Book of the Month club. I have a favorite song of the week or favorite song of the month. Once, I was obsessed with "If I Could Reach You" by the Fifth Dimension for days on days. It just swam and swam inside my head. I even set my iTunes to repeat that song in an endless loop. I'm over it now.

Back