• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Favorite Sport

I lived opposite the leaders of my universitys Ultimate Frisbee team in the first year. They were a little odd. I liked them.

Kickboxing! I LOVE combat sports, although at 34 I'm getting a little old for competeing now as its an incredibly demanding sport. My favourite position is in a corner taking a pummeling.

(In soccer) I'm hoping to get a spot on the AA (top) team in my city's club as keeper. I tried out in August and then again in October and now all I can do is wait.

I generally dislike sports (well, more the supporters, particularly football fans; it's a combination of old-fashioned supercilious elitism and left-wing anti-nationalist rhetoric), but rugby is an exception. I'm a prop forward, but unfortunately am no longer as short and fat as I once was; I only keep playing in the front row because our team lacks anyone else with the technical nous, rather crucial in circumstances that could easily otherwise snap one's neck like a piece of balsa wood.

Ultimate Chair's good, as well - like ultimate frisbee, only with a chair.

See what boredom in school hours can do to a person?

cajunmama said:
Ou Be, surfing is a sport in my book!

Books ain't da end of all knowledge! It's a way of life, maaaaaaaan...It's a way of life.

Also, apart from the pro-circuit it just ain't competatatative.

I don't like rugby any more...Well, I do, I just don't want to prop. I'm too thin and feeble, I'm not built like a cannonball and blessed with the neck muscles of an ox. I was playing a team with a front row a couple of years older than us today and have thoroughly messed up my neck. Ouch.

Watching on T.V.

#1 ice hockey (this winter sucks...I blaim the players mostly)

#2 x-games - something about people putting it all on the line without huge, huge contracts...

#3 motorcycle roadracing - MotoGP and AMA (I used to race...before children)

Play:

ice hockey when I get the time, position: winger

Football

American, that is

GO EAGLES
img6932676.jpg

Freya said:
Curling rocks :D
Hey, don't knock curling. If a curling team enters a bar, you know darn well that Euro soccer fans and rugby players scramble for the exits. Those are not the guys you want to meet in a dark alley, they might make a path for you in the snow.:p

Back