• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Favourite Character

Tokiomaster said:
I hate Gandalf and all dwarves, but that's just me. Then again, I also hate hobbits. I'm weird.

But my favorites are the bad guys. Sauron, Lurtz, Saruman (way cooler than Gandalf), etc.

WE HATES EM! WE HATES NASTY HOBBITSES!

Ah, gotta love fungus...

By the way, do we get in trouble for spamming like this? Cuz if we do, then we'd better stop. Don't want any trouble with the government, eh?

Tokiomaster said:
By the way, do we get in trouble for spamming like this?

You certainly do. Wabbit is no doubt giving himself a severe telling off as I write this. :D

I tested out as Aragorn despite liking mushrooms and disliking horses! But I do like Aragorn alot. Also liked Tom Bombadill. Eowyn was by far my favorite female character.

tolkiens issues

im sick and tired of how all female book critics go on about the fact that tolkien has issues about women and views them as inferior!!!
the sole focus of romance throughout the enire middle-earth series is the love of beren and luthien, whos meeting and undying love is based on tolkiens own experiences with the love of his life !!!!!!
by the way, my favourite character is Gandalf the grey

My vote goes to Gandalf the White, Maiar of Manwe and Varda.

Why you ask? Mainly because of the mythological linkage that he provides in The Lord of the Rings. Eru must've wanted the Free Peoples of Middle-earth to win, or he wouldn't've sent good ol' Olorin. XD

Plus.. look at his equipment: you've got his staff.. you've got his sword, Glamdring, which was previously owned by Turgon of Gondolin.. you've got the Ring of Fire ( ::resists humming a rendition of Johnny Cash's classic:: ), Narya, and you have Shadowfax the Mearas.

Pfft to Aragorn and Legolas -- Gandalf is much cooler. :cool:

my favorite character is Eowyn. the movie did not do her character justice and didn't include the resolution to her storyline. that was disappointing to me. she's my favorite character because she's strong, noble, and brave as any male in the books.

my test also came out with Legolas

While I was reading the books for the first time shortly before the movies began coming out, Aragorn struck my fancy in Fellowship of the Ring. Then while reading The Two Towers I began to like Legolas more. It wasn't until I thought that Frodo was dead by the last installment that I started liking him. My girl friend whom I recommended the books to felt the same way.

As far as the movies go, I like Legolas and Pippin. ^_^

Aragorn! And some, who are well red with the books, might be able to tell that through my username... 'cause, well, I love horses. And in the Third book, some of the other Dunedain come to find Aragorn, bringing with them his horse, Roheryn. So that is how, I got my name, and which charrie I like best! ^__^

Back