• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Fiction Books About Knights, etc.

Poloi

I am not sure what genre of fiction this would be but I am looking for books about knights and their adventures, conquests, battles, etc, like the "Knights of the Roundtable." Any recommendations?

I have read a historical fiction 2 book series about William Marsial. Aknight.
The Greatest Knight and The Scarlet Lion- Elizabeth Chadwick

I have met her on another forum and her History is the most accurate that I have known. She is a great writer, and make a search on William Marsial you will be amazed.

I suppose it's historical fiction. Here are some to start off:

The White Company by Arthur Conan Doyle, if you can get it.
Alfred Duggan's Knight with Armour
Knight of the Temple by Stuart Dimmock
The Sword and the Circle by Rosemary Sutcliff
Dorothy Dunnett
Bernard Knight
Bernard Cornwell

I am not sure what genre of fiction this would be but I am looking for books about knights and their adventures, conquests, battles, etc, like the "Knights of the Roundtable." Any recommendations?

Silly question, but have you read the King Arthur stuff?

King Arthur and His Knights of the Round Table

What about these?

The Winter King and the rest of the series.

The Once and Future King

Also, are you looking for fiction or non-fiction? And are you only interested in medieval knights or would you also read about Roman legions, Greek hoplites, and Japanese samurai?

It has been mention before but Bernard Cornwell -Trilogie on Arthur is the best i read so far.The saxon chronicle is also very good.
In a more Fantasy style David Gemmell wrote his own version to Call something like lord of the lance,not sure.Is a great one for battle and sword fight.
Stephen Lawhead wrote a lot about the Knight to,as well as a serie on Robin Hood
Try the Historical section here,there a lot of info to

The Sharpe series by Bernard Cornwell. I enjoyed them as a child, not sure about its quality now.

Once I borrowed "King Arthur, the Movie" (2004), from my library. That had pretty good plot.

Then there is Ivanhoe, although not too much of battle scenes.

Back