• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

For the Bored, & loopy...

Gem

kickbox
Here we are Lady C, a nice empty thread to fill up. So how have you been? How is darling AJ and the other kids?

fine thanks, on all counts. i'll get dh to rehook our multimedia drive up so i can post some pics of the kids, especially AJ, so you can put a name with his sweet face.

he is changing so much everyday! it happens way too fast. his vocabulary has gotten so good and he is such a good talker. he is so excited that he can now tell me what is on his mind and he can communicate everything he is doing when he does it - sit down, eat this, mommy love, ;) so cute! i couldn't have asked for a more fun experience for a last baby (as he is our last obviously). i wish my health was better and i could physically do more with him, but he doesn't seem to mind! he is so easy!

how are you???

oh, and love the title- perfect!

oh, and it looks like i'll get to receive your 1000th post!

I thought you'd like the title ;) :D

Yes, I'm looking forward to seeing his picture, he sounded like a little angel. Give him a little time and then he'll be telling you about all the different dinosaurs. I'd say it's not how much you do with him - but how you make use of the time that you spend with him - quality over quantity and all that malarky.
I'm well thank you.
How's your health? Are you going through a better period?

My 1000th post? Blimey, that's a whole lot of pointless spam!

here is a bit of randomness for you -

what are some things you find funny or you hate or you love that americans say that is different than what you typically would say - different words/same meanings, etc.

i just went to the bathroom and thought of the loo! i love the word loo and use it a lot now after hearing it from a british friend of mine here in texas (she has been here long enough now to have a twangy british accent lol)

well, since he could sit in my lap and really pay attention to more than just when his next feed was, he has loved books - which of course i love! so, we spend lots of time reading. he already knows most of his alphabet! just have to brag! his first favorite book was "where's my binkit" about a dinosaur who lost his favorite blanket. well, AJ has a favorite blanket that is yellow just like that book. i think that's cute. he has loved that since he was like 5 months old.

oh, and i am excited! you did it! 1000 posts! wow - you are like in a super club now. of course we'll never reach stewart, but wow! ;)

as for my health, i saw a new doc yesterday and he was a monster! had the worst bedside manner and such a God-complex. i actually walked out of the patient room with him talking and said i didn't have to be treated that way and i refused to pay for the visit! i called my spinal surgeon up after that, told the nurse what happened, and asked to be seen, so got to see him today and he was appalled at the treatment and is fixing me up with one of his friends (for an appointment - not a date lol). so, we'll see. i have gotten a new diagnosis for my condition - RSD (reflex sympathetic dystrophy) is what it is more often known as, but it is called CRPS (complex regional pain syndrome) by the American Medical Association now - but even docs still say RSD. no cure and it is degenerative, so i am a bit depressed about it, but i have been getting some great treatment for the most part and trust my doctors. there are some promising treatments, mainly in europe (germany predominantly) with promise for remission. so, we'll see. thanks for asking! oh, and this condition came about after a nerve injury that occurred from the botched epidural at the birth of AJ. never knew an epidural could cause so much trouble. when the nerves tried to heal, they didn't heal right and whacked out my sympathetic nervous system.

The one that comes to mind is same word different meaning - you guys call a ladies er behind a fanny, over here it means something different.

others that come to mind;
we say bathroom, you say washroom (or is that just the Canadians?)
we say mobile phone, you say cell phone
you say eraser, we say rubber - I worked with an american once, we were filling in a seating plan, i made a mistake and I asked him to pass the rubber, and he didn't stop laughing for ages.

The one that comes to mind is same word different meaning - you guys call a ladies er behind a fanny, over here it means something different.

others that come to mind;
we say bathroom, you say washroom (or is that just the Canadians?)
we say mobile phone, you say cell phone
you say eraser, we say rubber - I worked with an american once, we were filling in a seating plan, i made a mistake and I asked him to pass the rubber, and he didn't stop laughing for ages.

hmm - not familiar with your definition of fanny (i don't call it a fanny anyways, but have heard that). i actually call it a bum, butt, a** lol, or bottom depending on the situation.

i say bathroom - guess it is canadians that say washroom
i say both mobile and cell - hmm
ROFLROFLROFL on the rubber! that is hilarious! i didn't know that. so what do you call a condom?

well, since he could sit in my lap and really pay attention to more than just when his next feed was, he has loved books - which of course i love!
Like mother like son then .

1000 posts super club now. of course we'll never reach stewart, but wow! ;)
er don't know about the superclub, not sure they let spammers in :D

as for my health...,

Oh jeez, I really don't know how you do it, and you always sound so upbeat and bubbly - even on the skypecast you were amazing. For sure stick with a doctor that you are comfortable with, the one you mentioned sounds like a right ass. I was going to ask you in fact how it did it all start, thanks for sharing - I hadn't realised just how many complications an epidural can cause. It's good you stay positive, I hope with all my heart that you'll find the right treatment. In the meantime, we're here to keep you entertained ;)

ROFLROFLROFL on the rubber! that is hilarious! i didn't know that. so what do you call a condom?
er a condom. No i'm sure there are some slang words for it as well - I just can't think of any right now:eek:

thank you so much - enterained and sane! really, reading, is a lifeboat of sorts for me. it is escapism. i guess i have really latched onto fantasy lately because of the disability and pain and problems - i just need an alternate universe to escape to! music and reading keep me going - well, behind my kids of course! they bring me ultimate joy!

as for the superclub and spamming - isn't stewart the king of spam! ;)

i'll post some words you use that i enjoy or find funny or amusing:

jumper for sweater
loo for bathroom
fag for cigarette
brilliant (i just find the british seem to use it for so many different things as a kind of blanket word for well i can't think of the word! lol!) anyways i just love how i have seen it used sometimes - or just saying bril
ring for calling someone
tele for the television

Yes reading is a great form of escapism. Which fantasy books have you read lately? What music do you prefer?

No I wouldn't say that Stewart is prolific spammer - in fact I think he more than makes up for it with his reviews and what not.

i'll post some words you use that i enjoy or find funny or amusing:

jumper for sweater
loo for bathroom
fag for cigarette
brilliant (i just find the british seem to use it for so many different things as a kind of blanket word for well i can't think of the word! lol!) anyways i just love how i have seen it used sometimes - or just saying bril
ring for calling someone
tele for the television

lol , yes but it is a jumper and who can be bothered to say television - that's like 10 letters! ;)

are you doing anything other than chatting with me? reading any threads here, elsewhere? i am browsing tha "seeing you own name . . . " thread and another board.

i can't believe i am up so late. i am going to be miserable tomorrow! it is 1 am here!

I'm browsing through amazon for christmas gift ideas - what on earth do you buy for a man that you don't know all that well but will be getting close to?

1am? you're tired and loopy, go to bed, we'll chat another time.

but i can't sleep!

now, you have me curious! is he a love interest or a friend or family member's love interest? funny how you word you will be getting to know him well. it is hard to buy for people you don't know well. of course i love giving books! ;)

but i can't sleep!
I bet that's what AJ says! Just make sure you don't fall asleep at the desk!

A love interest sort of. Ok the love bit sounds strange though - I prefer - general overall partner for foreseeable future, as long as said future does not exceed a period of 8 months. As you can probably tell I'm not big on commitment :D .

Yes reading is a great form of escapism. Which fantasy books have you read lately? What music do you prefer?

No I wouldn't say that Stewart is prolific spammer - in fact I think he more than makes up for it with his reviews and what not.

yes, that is true. i love reading his critiques in the writers area!

i am currently going through the Avalon series by Marion Zimmer Bradley (which I consider a form of fantasy with an historical flare) - enjoying it.

of course harry potter!

and i just finished the Dragonlance Chronicles. one of the twins is named lauren. if i had read that before i had her, i would have named her Laurana. I love it - it is so pretty. I told her that and now she is writing that on all her papers and calling herself Laurana! ;)

do you like fantasy?

I bet that's what AJ says! Just make sure you don't fall asleep at the desk!

well, i am sitting in my favorite chair with my feet up on the ottoman and my laptop on my knees! so, it would be okay if i fell asleep here, but i would have a sore neck in a few hours!

Gem said:
A love interest sort of. Ok the love bit sounds strange though - I prefer - general overall partner for foreseeable future, as long as said future does not exceed a period of 8 months. As you can probably tell I'm not big on commitment :D .

lol! you never know when Mr. Right will just knock you off your feet and the idea of commitment takes on a whole new face!

what are you thinking of so far with regards to the gift?

you know, now i am getting sleepy!

let me know about fantasy and any books you think i should read in that genre!

good luck on the shopping and the "love!"

Back