• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Forum Layout Rearrangement

Brent W

I am in the process of giving our forum a much needed realignment when it comes to how we organize things.

ICE members: I am redoing the permissions on your forum. If you can't access or see ICE give it an hour or so while I go through this. Thank you for your patience :)

Ok that was a little easier than I thought. ICE members should be good to go. Let me know if you have issues.

Looks nice but I don't like General Chat being all the way up. As this is a book forum, I don't think it should get so prominent a place.

Looks nice but I don't like General Chat being all the way up. As this is a book forum, I don't think it should get so prominent a place.

I debated about that. I'll give it a day or two and see what the general consensus is. I didn't want to give it its whole section which is why I put the forums underneath it that I did.

LOL I woke up this am and the entire BAR world had changed.

some things I like:

The new site bar at the top - very useful.

Most of the re-arrangements especially moving the book of the month up.

and some things I don't like:

I don't like the colour scheme. It feels heavy and harsh. I prefer something softer and little less stark. The blue / black / grey is a good combo in principle - it feels clean and modern but maybe just slightly softer tones of the same colour scheme. Even this blue feels a bit much to me.

Suggestion

Maybe the 'General Book Discussion' can move to where the General Chat is and the General Chat can be given its own section at the bottom?

Postscript - LOL ignore the suggestion :)

On the whole I like it. Really like how the forums that have new posts turn blue so it is easy to see. Although I agree with meadow, the colours and style could be a little less harsh. :)

It still seems to me that the palest blue subtitling is difficult to read against its background.
Also the "like" citations attached to individual posts seem to be gone?
But otherwise OK.

Glad you all like it. Hoping this gives a breath of fresh air to the site and gets us some new book readers on board :)

Back