• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Gardening books

SFG75

I need to stock up on some gardening books for some in-depth reading over the winter. Our new house is 107 feet wide and 197 feet long, that is a lot of area! I would like to make a big garden, though I haven't grown anything since I had a chia-pet when I was eight. Any recommendations?

I have bought gardening books but I have learned by trial and error. With the weather at below 40, I have learned what stays alive and what caputs easy. So, are you thinking flowers or veggies?:D

First, find out what will grow well in your area. Check if your local University Extension has a site, if not give them a call. They may have a listing of plants that will grow in your area (zone) and perhaps a list of printed resources.

Also check with your local library reference for book suggestions on garden/landscape design ideas.

Back