• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Girl seeking for adventure!

Squeegee

Hey everyone,

*Squeegee waves with high velocity*

I am totally NEW to this forum and I am still sorting things out of how everything works and all, but hey, I am just OVERLY excited, this looks all so cool!!! Anyhow, I am in need for some HELP ... I am a girl who just loves words and loves to read and I love being taken on imaginary JOURNEYS and being pulled into ADVENTUROUS worlds, is that too much “love”? Hehe … I have just read The Faraway Tree Stories by Enid Blyton which is actually a children’s book, but filled with adventure. However, I study American studies and for my thesis I am looking for an adult book which is just as adventurous as The Faraway Tree Stories, but is written by an American author. I have read books like The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum or The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon, those were all brilliant! However, I need a book that is not yet thoroughly analyzed and so I was wondering whether someone knew a contemporary piece of literature that falls in this genre? Any help is appreciated … and you can e-mail me at summer16f90@hotmail.com , but I’ll be bumping into this forum now and then too!

Thanks in advance!

Sparks of joy,

Squeegee.​

Hello, fellow Dutch person! Had a bit of sugar today?

Anyway, welcome to the Boards! I'd love to help you out, but I haven't read that particular book you mentioned. However, Amazon has this feature, that, when you browse to a certain book, it will give you comparable titles - maybe that is of some use to you. If not, then I'm sure the good people here will be able to help you out!

Don't be a stranger!

And, erm .. many, you know, sparks of joy in return. And lay off the sugarcubes, will 'ya!?

Btw, where are you studying American Studies, if I may ask.

Btw2, good Rob Thomas quote - Matchbox 20 rules.

Cheers, Martin
Prophet.gif

Hey Squeegee!! Welcome to the Forum!! :)

(Where the heck are all these Dutch people coming from??!!)

Phil

Oh, by the way ..

No need to double post - I deleted the one in 'General Book Discussion'.

Yay, my first moderator-ish action!

Share and enjoy!

And Phil, we come from holland, you oaf.

Cheers, Martin
Prophet.gif

Handing out tulips and cheese!

WOW, guys/girls/fellow human beings, you'all make me feel so special here ... *blush* and with ALL of your help I must find the PERFECT book, don't you think? Oh, and Martin no sugar for me! This is just what I am like ... my boyfriend used to call me "miss Bouncington" for I ALWAYS bounce up and down! Hehe ... And to the other question of where we Dutch folks come from ... well, we come from a country where the sun always shines, but often plays hide-and-seek and in most occasions wins this game from all inhabitants .. hehe .. so get your umbrella out when you deal with us and then we will give you FREE tulips and cheese, well, how about it?

Lucky guy - your boyfriend. But isn't it difficult bouncing up and down wearing clogs?

Anyway, you still haven't told me where you're studying.

Tig:

You got me. Damn. I used my own special powers to do that.

Cheers, Martin
Prophet.gif

Didn't even know you were older than me until you told me just now.

Goes to show ..

.. something, I guess.

Cheers, Martin
Prophet.gif

My boyfriend wasn't a lucky boy to be with me, I was a lucky girl to be with him. And speaking about words and adventures, we created tons of adventures on our cell-phones, it was hilarious ... I squeezed myself through the telephone-line several times (which is quite impressive, I do realize that) pulled him into giant cappuccinos making him look even more YUMMY, also did imaginary cartwheels and saltos all through the store (where he works) just to make him blush and smile .. hehe .. and much more! Unfortunately, although he believed that we were perfect together, he had to break up with me due to the fact that he did not have time for a relationship !?!!? Well, and I think he broke more than just my heart by doing that, but hey, that's another discussion for another forum! Oh, and I study in Utrecht and I am taking my final class now! Forget X-mas, that is joy to the world!​

You're weird. But good weird. You'll fit right in, here.

I'm studying in Utrecht also, by the way. Best city of Holland.

Cheers, Martin
Prophet.gif

Back