• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Girls - Weight Issues

Catalyst

Do you think age affects how easy you put on weight? The past few months i have changed weight quite often. Nothing major buts its so annoying. Never really had this problem. Im 21. Am i gettin to the age where i actually have to watch what i eat. Is it all down hill from here?

Cat,

Silly.

Don't you know that putting anything like "Girls" or "Women only" or "just the ladies" on a thread is going to get every guy on the forum to respond?

IMHO, "worrying" about your figure is unattractive. I have dated fat girls, skinny girls, tall girls, short girls, black girls, white girls, hip girls, and nerds. (some fit into more than one category, so there weren't that many, really)

None of my memories or feelings (good or bad) about any of these girls have anything to do with whether they were fat or skinny. My feelings and memories of these girls stem from their personalities. (seriously)

Although having nice hooters, and a cute little pooper may get the first look (for the wrong reasons), the personality will be what guys remember and either dig or not.

Just my 2 cents.

Catalyst said:
Do you think age affects how easy you put on weight?

Yes. It does. Your metabolism slows down. Calories used for growth are no longer used for vertical growth but for the storage of fat. Typically people are less active in their twenties than they were in their teens as well. I said typically, if you were more active in your twenties that's nice, but not typical.

Catalyst said:
The past few months i have changed weight quite often. Nothing major buts its so annoying. Never really had this problem. Im 21. Am i gettin to the age where i actually have to watch what i eat.

If your weight is changing rapidly it could be due to some external influence. Birth control maybe? Very common issue with some birth control pills. Less physical activity all of a sudden? Anti-depressents?

Catalyst said:
Is it all down hill from here?

That's all about perspective. Could also look at it as an opportunity to learn about healthier lifestyles in food and fitness.

Catalyst said:
Do you think age affects how easy you put on weight? The past few months i have changed weight quite often. Nothing major buts its so annoying. Never really had this problem. Im 21. Am i gettin to the age where i actually have to watch what i eat. Is it all down hill from here?
I'd say it's more to do with your lifestyle. My weight has stayed pretty constant since I was 18 (i'm 24), I have an incredibly bad diet yet because I exercise alot it doesn't seem to affect me.

Never have any problems with my weight,i am 1 of those lucky people who can eat whatever and never put any weight on! :D

People get fat from taking in too much fuel and not using it up. If you start to get fat, you have to adjust one or the other.

You are sposed to put on weight when you are on the pill. Its the opposite for me lol. When i came off it it went on. Im not talking majorly though. Enough for me to notice. Im comfortable within myself. Just want to find out source.

Just said girls as didnt think men would bother with weight issues :rolleyes:

i wouldn't be so sure about that one... man start to get into all this nonsense too, they start to eat only salads and mumble about weightissues... also the number of eatingdisorders by men shot up rapidly...

i think the whole weight issue has also a lot to do with the head... if you're depressed you put on more weight, if you stressed too...

I never had issues with my weight until after I had my second child. I don't think it was necessarily a product of giving birth or because of my age, but because I became less active and probably ate more.

I used to walk, bike ride, and dance all the time. I was rarely ever at home and rarely sat motionless. I don't own a bike, I don't go out dancing anymore and rarely even dance for fun at home. I go for long walks but not nearly often enough for it to be of real benefit.

People eat too much because we are encouraged to. Restaurant portions are HUGE - much larger than they need be. Why on earth should a person need to eat 1/3 pound of ground beef in the form of a burger, along with half a plate of french fries, all washed down of course with endless soda refills? I'm happy enough with a 1/4 pound burger, a vegetable and a fruit (now that I've adjusted my eating habits). Recommended serving sizes are much smaller than what most people are served or will serve themselves.

Catalyst said:
You are sposed to put on weight when you are on the pill. Its the opposite for me lol. When i came off it it went on. Im not talking majorly though. Enough for me to notice. Im comfortable within myself. Just want to find out source.

Just said girls as didnt think men would bother with weight issues :rolleyes:
21 was the year I started to notice a little extra weight on too - probably had a lot to do with it coinciding with my first move to Canada as well. I live in one of the fattest per-capita regions in the world - let's just say my weight gain was very, very minimal. As ions said, it's fairly normal to have this occur and it does mean that you have to think and act a little healthier if you want to keep your trim figure. But really, that just means that you'll be healthier in the long run, so count yourself lucky that you have reason to pay attention to your diet and exercise :)

Exercise and eat well and you'll probably not get fat. And cut down on the chocolate - it may taste great (for women, especially) but it's gonna go straight to your hips. If you're going to eat chocolate then get Green & Black's Organic Dark Chocolate - 70% Cocoa. Sod Mars and Nestle...and that Hershey muck!

Or alternatively, don't eat well but up your exercise (I couldn't do without chocolate!)

Stewart said:
Exercise and eat well and you'll probably not get fat. And cut down on the chocolate - it may taste great (for women, especially) but it's gonna go straight to your hips. If you're going to eat chocolate then get Green & Black's Organic Dark Chocolate - 70% Cocoa. Sod Mars and Nestle...and that Hershey muck!

One square of chocolate a day is actually good for your heart and warding off heart attacks (well at least that's what I heard and it gives me an excuse ;) )

Ice said:
Or alternatively, don't eat well but up your exercise (I couldn't do without chocolate!)

i couldn't live without chocolate either... hmm... Milka with Joghurt ans bloodorange... hmm... be right back...

Back