• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Good book needed

moggy

Hellooo
Right I love the merry gentry series of books by Laurell K Hamilton, and the werewolf books by Kelley Armstrong.. nearly finished Prowlers by C Golden... can anyone recommend anything similar in writing style of these authors?

I just can't get enough of the fey and goblins in the merry gentry series.. Got her latest book last sat.. and finised it on mon night.. gutted!!! now a long wait for another one!!

cheers!

Darker Than You Think - Jack Williamson
Fevre Dream - George RR Martin
Elric - Micheal Moorcock
These are books that I think are similar to the ones you mentions, but do you have anything more specific that you enjoyed about them. Are you looking for thing with a horror aspect or the same writing style? etc.

Well i don't want something too scarey.. got far too much of a vivid imagination.. might wake up screaming!
but i do like the style they are written in, I also love the farie aspect in the merry ones...
I'll have a look at those ones you've put down... thanks!

Try the Southern Vampire Series by Charlaine Harris, Living Dead in Dallas been the first book. It’s very similar to laurels work it drags in places but a good book if you enjoyed the Anita black series this should be up you alley.

Yes read all the anne rice books, and the charlaine harris books now too.. love the harris books, they r really amusing!

Um, if its vampire books your looking for try Vampire$ by John Steakley, it really gave me a new outlook on vampires.

You should check out Dereks Gunns book Vampire Apocalsye if you like that kind of stuff. Vampires have never really been my gig. Douglas Clegg has some good ones has well. As far as zombie stuff goes check out Brian Lumley.

Moon Lust: Bitten

I think the best were wolf kind story is the "Moon Lust: Bitten". By Sherri L. King...its somewhat scary..try that

My wife blows through these types of books regularly and with great speed. Here are some of the other authors she reads besides those you mentioned.

Kim Harrison, Jim Butcher, Charlaine Harris, and Tanya Huff.

Charlaine Harris is amazing! I have been reading her series and I normally can not put it down. A few other good ones are the Sherilynn Kenyon series and Lynsay Sands.

This will sound werd as a suggestion, but Jacquelin Carey's firs book Kushiel's Dart is close in style. Dark. a bit seductive (not a bit). No Faries, but you may enjoy it. I read the Hamilton and Carey at the same time for a while. I found them so very similar in style.

Back