• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Good Morning all!

jintyblue

Hi form sunny Scotland!

I'm a newbie to the forums so go easy on me.

My partner has started his own business selling second hand books - and i was looking for some advice.

To starts us offf, we have been collecting books from work colleagues, family, friends etc.

However a few have stumped us as to what to price them at -

1. Lloyd Grossman - 125 Best recipes ever
2. D.P. Cuthbertson - progress in nutrition and allied sciences
3. (BOXSET) Patricia Cornwell - body of evidence, post mortem, all that remains.

All books are nearly new condition - especially the Cornwell boxset(which comes in a purple plastic sleeve).

Thanks for any info! ;)

Another person who's joined stating Scotland is sunny? It certainly never used to be when I was there :D

Welcome to the forum jintyblue, feel free to join in any of the ongoing discussions or start your own.

Mxx

note to members:
welcomes to jintyblue in here, answers to the above question in this thread please. ta.

murphyz said:
Another person who's joined stating Scotland is sunny? It certainly never used to be when I was there :D

It is this afternoon. It's positively blinding us :D

Welcome Jinty- (would that be Janet ?) -blue ;)

Third Man Girl

murphyz said:
I hope you sprang to attention when spring sprung?

Mxx

Now here's where I get confused, is sprang really a word?

But yes, today I'm giving all the attention I can to the beautiful green view out my office window.

Ashlea said:
Now here's where I get confused, is sprang really a word?

Apparently :)

Irregular Verbs

Infinitive / Simple Present / Simple Past / Past Participle / Present Participle

to spring/ spring(s) / sprang / sprung / springing

<copied, because I never remember this kind of stuff :( >

Third Man Girl

Where all all these Scots coming from? Looking out my window at the moment, I can assure all non-Scots that it's not sunny. :mad:

jintyblue said:
Hi form sunny Scotland!

I'm a newbie to the forums so go easy on me.

Welcome jintyblue. I hope you'll like it here.

RaVeN
I'm going to let it slide this time but I'm telling ya, the next new member that says hello from sunny....... has to promise to bite me. :D

Mile-O-Phile said:
Where all all these Scots coming from? Looking out my window at the moment, I can assure all non-Scots that it's not sunny. :mad:

You must be joking Mile-O? :confused:

The sun is an orange ball as I type, settling slowly towards the sea. The sky is clear. La Luna is behind me, high, higher, three-quarters full, a bright white-blue.

Your head must be in the smog of the city. :( Grab your bucket and spade and come to the seaside :) :) :)

Better make it quick - the moon is winning :cool:

Third Man Girl

third man girl said:
You must be joking Mile-O?

I'm not funny enough to tell jokes. :rolleyes:

The sun is an orange ball as I type

It's been like that for millenia and will be for many more. :confused:

Your head must be in the smog of the city. :(

It's somewhere between the city's smog and the fertilisers of the farm. :mad:

Grab your bucket and spade and come to the seaside :)

I'm en route...

Am I going to Ayr, Largs, Saltcoats, or Ardrossan? :confused:

"The sun is an orange ball as I type" - TMG

Mile-O-Phile said:
It's been like that for millenia and will be for many more. :confused:

You've been ignoring her. She dresses for you. Look in the morning when she wears hot-scarlet ;) ; look in the heat of the afternoon, when she shimmers in canary yellow :) ; look in the evening, when the grey, flimsy clouds whisper by and she dances the Dance of the Seven Veils - just for you :eek:

Third Man Girl

third man girl said:
You've been ignoring her. She dresses for you. Look in the morning when she wears hot-scarlet ;) ; look in the heat of the afternoon, when she shimmers in canary yellow :) ; look in the evening, when the grey, flimsy clouds whisper by and she dances the Dance of the Seven Veils - just for you :eek:

That's just it: I can't bear to look at Her anymore. It's too painful. I think of how We always go Our separate ways but, on occasion, always meet again. I try to look at Her, try to see through Her but, always, She's too strong and I have to turn away. Afterwards, even when I close My eyes, She's there. :cool:

Back