• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Good website to catalogue my book collection

I realize there's quite a lot of threads about sites online where you can catalogue your books, etc...but I don't really want to dig through all those threads, as I just have a straightforward question: I need a site(or program) to catalogue all my books pertaining to a certain theme..i.e. I need to catalogue part of my collection just for myself, not exactly to show off to others. Can anyone recommend a good site/program?

Thank in advance!

Listal!

I really love Listal.
I created my account mainly for my books & decided to do my DVDs as well. It' just nice to have all your stuff on one account instead of having several different accounts.

I really liked LibraryThing - that's where I was first, but it sucks that you can only catalogue 200 without having to pay. :(

see, the books i want to catalogue are probably not listed in any database...they aren't things you could exactly buy at borders, so that's why i asked.

Those Mysterious books you have been talking about for quite a while,do they have a name?you say they are French,I'm curious

I doubt they have ISBNs...at least, not the editions I have for them all.

Basically, I'm doing lots of reading of books by Alexandre Dumas, and then researching his historical sources, some of which are really obscure and out of print, so I've had to get old editions and they have no ISBNs.

well, i dunno...LCC are Library of Congress cataloguing identifiers, right? My books weren't published in the U.S., and some haven't been translated.

Or maybe I have no clue what I'm talking about.

They might have them. The numbers are always being updated but they tend to be light on foreign language matter.

You know you could just assign your own identifier to ones that don't show up in whatever book database you end up using. Any of the programs listed in the slashdot link I posted should have that feature.

well, assigning my own numbers isn't a problem...I just need to find a good book database or way to catalogue them. I mean, I suppose excel is an option, but...

Listal

well, assigning my own numbers isn't a problem...I just need to find a good book database or way to catalogue them. I mean, I suppose excel is an option, but...
On Listal, you can create a "custom entry" page for whatever product you have if it's not already on there. You can enter in the title, author, description, post a photo of the book, etc.
(Be sure to check the copyright page if you haven't already and see if there's an ISBN. Some of my older books don't have an ISBN on the outside, but I can usually find it on the copyright page).

I created my own page for a DVDR I have of some old cartoons that haven't been officiallly released...

oh, & Listal is more fun than Excel because you can easily share your collection with us!

Back