• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Good Work on Clearing out the Spam

Phlebas

Guys,

Good work on keeping the site free of spam etc. I've been on the site for about a month and today was the first time I saw any. When I checked back 1/2 an hour later the three or four threads had been deleted.

Excellent work mods and admins!

There's a neat little plugin at vbulletin.org which prevents users with < 15 posts from posting urls. Of course, it can be customized in the XML file to set it to whatever limit you want.

Thanks for the reply :) This has recently been brought up by another member and is currently being looked into :cool:

I agree you guys do a fine job of cleaning out the spam..but sometimes can you leave up the fun ones so we can play with them for awhile before you delete them? Think of the cat playing with the mouse..some of those threads are a real hoot.:D

I agree you guys do a fine job of cleaning out the spam..but sometimes can you leave up the fun ones so we can play with them for awhile before you delete them? Think of the cat playing with the mouse..some of those threads are a real hoot.:D

As I've been looking through the forum and tidying up thread titles I've come across loads of threads which were blatant crappy authors trying to push their wares. In some cases you've had years to play with these mice. ;)

As I've been looking through the forum and tidying up thread titles I've come across loads of threads which were blatant crappy authors trying to push their wares. In some cases you've had years to play with these mice. ;)

Oh, I just meant the younger variety anyway..no need to keep ancient ones lying about. You know the ones I meant.. where we joked about how dumb they were and and what you and the mods were going to do to them..cheap entertainment was all they were.;)

Sadly, ;) a lot of your fun is being ruined by the software as we've made some changes to make it more difficult for SPAMers to even join. Now, those new authors...those we just can't seem to stop!

Sadly, ;) a lot of your fun is being ruined by the software as we've made some changes to make it more difficult for SPAMers to even join. Now, those new authors...those we just can't seem to stop!

Oh well, I suppose I'll live:p It is nice to know the new software is doing the job is was meant to do.

Back