• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Goodreads.com

Martin

Does anyone here use Goodreads.com? It's a website with a social networking element that allows you to catalogue the books you own or want to own, lets you create lists of any type and write reviews of books you've read, along with many other features.

I find it quite useful myself.

Yes, I've been there too. Have enjoyed many conversations and book discussions there. In addition to using their list capability. A very pleasant site, except for the usual couple of snarky folks.

I've used Good Reads, but prefer Library Thing for keeping track of books. I find the listing process at LT to be more user friendly. There are a couple of groups on Good Reads that are interesting, probably more if I'd take the time to investigate more thoroughly.

While I like Goodreads I don't love it, and this is mainly due to aesthetics. It simply does not look as good and slick as it could, which bugs me. So, with that in mind I might have a gander at Library Thing even though switching seems unlikely simply because I do not want to manually input all my books all over again.

Should anyone be interested:

My Goodreads account.

While I like Goodreads I don't love it, and this is mainly due to aesthetics. It simply does not look as good and slick as it could, which bugs me. So, with that in mind I might have a gander at Library Thing even though switching seems unlikely simply because I do not want to manually input all my books all over again.

Should anyone be interested:

My Goodreads account.

Ah, you don't have to manually re-input...they have an export/import function.

Part of the irritation of Good Reads for me in fact was we have a couple of accounts on Library Thing, and I easily transferred the first, but was unsuccessful [three times!] attempting the transfer of another account.
I have to wonder if GR has some sort of "ruling" against transferring more than one group of books.

I just signed up for Good Reads after a several month lapse. We'll see..

Oh, and nice to see you again Martin!:flowers:

Back