• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Great Books that Should Be Made Into Movies and Which Actors Would You Cast?

cabbagescribe said:
It might have been done already, but The Trial by Franz Kafka would make a great movie. With Nicholas Cage as lead actor! I wouldn't like a modernized version, but one with a modified-20's surrealist style about it would be great.

Also, For Whom The Bell Tolls would be great, but I can't imagine anyone who could be Robert Jordan.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0035896/

for whom the bell tolls was made into a film. see above.

also, the trial was done by orson wells:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Trial_(1962_film)

Flowerdk4 said:
I find it strange that no one came up with Jack Nicholson as Satan??? Or John Malkovich for that matter??? :cool:
well, i think nicholson would make it too much of a joke, but malkovich would be GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT!

lady.cordelia said:
neither do i - totally not. yuck

however, i do think pretty faces should go with adam and eve, therefore i said brangelina! ;)

I'm so glad you said Brangelina as pretty faces and not Braniston. I don't find Aniston pretty, always thought she was very plain jane. Also she doesn't have as wide of a range as an actress as Jolie. Say what you will about Jolie and her Billy Bob days, that is one talented actress who has some major sex appeal. I also find Jolie a more likeable person with her humanitarian works versus the Hollywood princess Aniston.

spikeyli said:
I'm so glad you said Brangelina as pretty faces and not Braniston. I don't find Aniston pretty, always thought she was very plain jane. Also she doesn't have as wide of a range as an actress as Jolie. Say what you will about Jolie and her Billy Bob days, that is one talented actress who has some major sex appeal. I also find Jolie a more likeable person with her humanitarian works versus the Hollywood princess Aniston.
i agree wholeheartedly

I think Brick Lane by Monica Ali would make a good movie ;-)

(Starring some hot bollywood actress for Nazneen, da main character)

I used to think William Gibson's "Pattern Recognition" might make a good movie... until I found out it's being directed by Peter Weir. Isn't that a little like having John Carpenter direct something by Marion Keyes?

Flowerdk4 said:
I find it strange that no one came up with Jack Nicholson as Satan??? Or John Malkovich for that matter??? :cool:

Too obvious! It would be like suggesting Sean Connery as God. What? I did that? Hmmm... ;)

I don't see Jack Nicholson as Satan, he's just not evil looking enough for me. He looks more crazed and would have made a great Hannibal Lecter.

Now here's my question, why do we assume Adam and Eve are good looking? If they're so hot, where would the ugly people in the world come from? Could it be possible that maybe Eve is good looking and Adam is so-so? After all, God needed a rough draft before he create the master piece;)

spikeyli said:
I don't see Jack Nicholson as Satan, he's just not evil looking enough for me. He looks more crazed and would have made a great Hannibal Lecter.
shining2.jpg

...ok, you are right - more crazed than evil :D

spikeyli said:

Now here's my question, why do we assume Adam and Eve are good looking? If they're so hot, where would the ugly people in the world come from? Could it be possible that maybe Eve is good looking and Adam is so-so? After all, God needed a rough draft before he create the master piece;)

well,the Bible says he was made in God's image. Do you think God would look so-so? I imagine he is too beautiful to behold.

lady.cordelia said:
well,the Bible says he was made in God's image. Do you think God would look so-so? I imagine he is too beautiful to behold.
In almost every image I've ever seen of God, he's somewhere around 70, with male pattern baldness, a huge white beard and a blue toga. Somehow I don't think most people consider that "too beautiful to behold"... :cool:

I envision God grandfatherly, like Santa Clause. So yes I do think God is beautiful, but not in the "hubba hubba I want to see you with your clothes off" type of way. And man being made in God's image, it could mean just an loose imprint of God, not an exact replica of God. Also doesn't the bible mean in God's image meaning man walks erect like God instead of on all fours?

Back