• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Greetings, Fellow Book Lovers!

kelliebelle

Hello everyone! :)

I have been lurking here as a guest for a few days, and I have instantly become quite addicted to this wonderful forum. I am looking forward to being a member of this group of readers.

I am 26, and I live in the southeastern USA. I'm very happily married to my husband, but before I fell in love with him, my first love was books! I love the feel of them in my hands, the scent of new pages, and the promise of learning something new.

When I'm not reading, I enjoy cooking/baking, surfing the Internet, watching movies, shopping, and watching the sky (I love storms, clouds, sunshine, you name it!). As you can probably tell by my avatar and signature, I love coffee! I try not to overdo on my caffeine, but I try to have at least one nice big cup each day. I count it as a reward for, well, getting up out of bed every morning!

My favorite authors are Stephen King, Nora Roberts, and David McCullough. I usually opt for contemporary fiction, but I also love mysteries, classics, and the occasional romance or biography.

I'm just about to finish Wicked by Gregory Maguire, and I have found it to be very enjoyable. My husband and I are traveling to Chicago later this year, and we're getting tickets to see the broadway show based on the book, so I'm quite excited about that. I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts on the book or the show.

That's more than enough to start with! I look forward to "meeting" everyone and discussing all kinds of book stuff and more!

Hi and welcome!
wave1.gif

Stephen King is one of my favourite authors too. What is your fave book of his? Mine would be The Stand, and then It. :)

kelliebelle said:
I am 26, and I live in the southeastern USA. I'm very happily married to my husband, but before I fell in love with him, my first love was books! I love the feel of them in my hands, the scent of new pages, and the promise of learning something new.

Are you a writer, Kelliebelle? You express yourself very well.

Hi! Welcome to the forum that sometimes hands you free peaches.

Nice to meet you! We have a lots in common! I am addicted to coffee ( mmm espresso ) Love skies and storms. Who cannot have their heart filled with the power and beauty of skies and storms? Ah, also enjoy cooking to and, lets see... oh yeah! BOOKS!

Anyway, welcome. I hope you have fun in the nut house :D

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! I can already tell that I'm gonna have lots of fun here. :D

Stephen King is one of my favourite authors too. What is your fave book of his? Mine would be The Stand, and then It.
Marla - My favorite King novel is definitely Insomnia, but I also liked Rose Madder and Dreamcatcher. And Everything's Eventual had a few stories that kept me up one night with the light on! :eek:

Are you a writer, Kelliebelle? You express yourself very well.
Well, no... I'm not a writer, but I would love to be! If I could ever come up with a storyline, I would at least try to create a novel of some sort. But thanks for the compliment!
upsidedowna.gif

Welcome to the forum that sometimes hands you free peaches.
Free peaches?! Woohoo! :p Nice to meet you too, SillyWabbit!

Hello and welcome to the forum, Kelliebelle! :) I like Stephen King too. My favourites include Rose Madder, Firestarter, The Shining and the Dark Tower series.

And where are my free peaches? I've never had free peaches! *grumbles*

No free peaches?????? :eek: Well, it's a very fickle forum. It only hands out free peaches at random. I have never gotten free peaches either but it did offer me a mango one time. What a strange forum we post to! :D

Don't feel bad Halo.. Here you go all for you. ... You might save one for kelliebelle since she is new..
peaches.jpg

HORAY! I have chocolate! Who needs peaches!

Ok, If she survives the pit and bear traps and has not wandered into the ghosts Gods of the corner then I will gladly share some with her!

kelliebelle said:
I'm just about to finish Wicked by Gregory Maguire, and I have found it to be very enjoyable. My husband and I are traveling to Chicago later this year, and we're getting tickets to see the broadway show based on the book, so I'm quite excited about that. I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts on the book or the show.

I have the soundtrack to the musical, and it is just incredible! You are indeed very lucky to have tickets for the show? Will you take me too please? I'm very small and I don't eat much... you won't even know I'm there! :D

The book is near the top of my To-Buy list, if only it weren't so darn expensive!

Welcome to the forum by the way!

SillyWabbit said:
HORAY! I have chocolate! Who needs peaches!

Ok, If she survives the pit and bear traps and has not wandered into the ghosts Gods of the corner then I will gladly share some with her!
Oh I do hope the three-headed dog doesn't get her... I like this newbie. :(

Hey Wabbit! Toss the peaches this way!

*throws you a peach*

Yeah, she likes chocolate and coffee. She HAS to be good! I'll send her a map of where the bear traps and pits are. She should be ok then!

Hay, what a lovely, generous person you are! :) In the same spirit of generosity, you can have one of the peaches. That leaves one for Kelliebelle, and the last one for me. Wabbit can't have any, because he never told me about the free peaches until he accidentally mentioned them today, and also because he never gave me any of his chocolates. :p

Back