• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Greetings, fellow book lovers!

Pilan

Hello everybody. I simply wished to introduce myself to you all. My name is Brad (Didn't want it as my forum name, however), I'm 17, and I love books. I'm primarily interested in fantasy or fiction books in general, although I can appreciate a non-fiction book from time to time.

The latest book I've read, as most can assume, is "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince", which, might I add, is excellent. Apart from Harry Potter, I read the Fallon series (Consisting of Fallon Blood, Fallon Pride, and Fallon Legend), by the same author of the Wheel of Time series.

I was naive enough to beleive I could read more than one book at a time, and am therefore simentaneously juggling "Nicholas Nickelby" by Charles Dickens, "The Arabian Nights" the Sir Richard F. Burton version, "The Fallon Pride" by Reagan O'Niell (Another name for Robert Jordan), and "A Game of Thrones" by George R.R. Martin.

With all these books on my plate, it becomes increasingly difficult to sit myself down and simply...read. I find that I'm slowly losing interest in these books. Hopefully, one day I will actually set myself down and finish the seventh installment of The Wheel of Time series, or finish reading about the journies of Nicholas Nickleby, or even complete my learning of Arabian myths. Hopefully :).

I suppose I've rambled on quite enough, though, so I'll end it here. I look forward to getting to know you all and becoming part of the community. See you around!

Can't say that I have, Sirmyk. In fact, I've never read a Stephen King book before. Horror has never exactly been my cup of tea. However, having never actually read a horror book, I suppose I'm not one to say whether I would or wouldn't like it. Perhaps when I'm finished with the load of books I've got on my plate, I'll look into some Stephen King.

Pilan said:
Can't say that I have, Sirmyk. In fact, I've never read a Stephen King book before. Horror has never exactly been my cup of tea. However, having never actually read a horror book, I suppose I'm not one to say whether I would or wouldn't like it. Perhaps when I'm finished with the load of books I've got on my plate, I'll look into some Stephen King.
The Dark Tower is King's fantasy/horror series (seven total, and mostly fantasy (little horror)); The Talisman and Eyes of the Dragon are a few of his other fantasy titles.

Ah, now that I did not know. It seems interesting. I'll try to hurry up and catch up on the readin I have in front of me so I can check it out. Thanks for telling me about it, Sirmyk. And thank you all for welcoming me :)

Welcome to the forum :)

What do you think of "A Game of Thrones" so far? I certainly couldn't have that many books on the go at once!

Yeah, I'm aware Robert Jordan is just another name he goes by. I think his real name is James Oliver Rigney Jr.

I'm enjoying A Game of Thrones, but to be truthful, it's hard to get into given everything I've got over here. I've decided just to go one at a time. I'm going to finish Wheel of Time and see what I feel like after that. Game of Thrones will probably end up last since I'm still on the first few chapters of it. Most of the others books I'm already halfway through.

Back