• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Greetings from North Carolina

Ak_red

Hello everyone! My name is David and I currently reside in North Carolina. I stumbled on this site during a search and decided to pop in and see what it is like. I read a lot, I don't stick to Sci-Fi/Fantasy though it is my favorite. I am in the process of reacquiring a collection, as my (ex)wife shoved my entire collection in the basement while I was on an extended trip and with few exceptions, everything was ruined.

David

Welcome to the forum David
I can relate to your collection being ruined. I was living in a rental house this summer and unbeknownst to me, the basement has a natural spring running underneath it. I didn't have room for all my books in the house because it resembles a dolls house, so I thought it would be ok to store my books for a month in the basement. We had a sweet summer shower and poof. Three inches of water- the books are absolutely ruined.
Cheers
E.

Ak_red said:
I am in the process of reacquiring a collection, as my (ex)wife shoved my entire collection in the basement while I was on an extended trip and with few exceptions, everything was ruined.
Yikes! That's a nightmare for most of the members here!!

Welcome to the forum! :)

Blimey - all this talk of ruined book collections is making me twitchy...

:eek:

Greetings!

It was mostly water damage from snow melt seeping in through cracks in the wall (now sealed). After that, the mold set in. Fortunately, on my return she met me at the door and said goodbye. By the time I found out about the books she had been gone a while, it saved me from doing something stupid. LOL. The worst part are the books I have had for so long that I hardly remember them. I would stumble on them on occasion when I was looking for something to read.

So, then, like me, you know why divorces are so expensive!

Welcome to the forum, and imagine how much fun you will have rebuilding your collection!

leckert said:
So, then, like me, you know why divorces are so expensive!

Welcome to the forum, and imagine how much fun you will have rebuilding your collection!

Because they are worth it!

Yes, I am having fun rebuilding my collection. But I seem to be pulling books in too fast. Most likely because I don't feel really comfortable unless I have books surrounding me.

Welcome to the forums, Ak. My sister really wants to visit North Carolina because her idol and full-time obsession lives there - Clay Aiken :rolleyes:
I hope you enjoy your stay here :D

~MonkeyCatcher~

Great to have someone from the tarheel state!. :) Let me know how Joe Daily does down there(that is, if your a football fan) ;)

Welcome to the forum hope you enjoy and i am sorry about your books,lost a lot of books when i moved house and i was gutted!

Ak Red, I will be vacationing in your wonderful state from August 20th through the 27th. Holden Beach. Please arrange the most perfect of summer weather for me and my family during that time. No hurricanes, no freakish up-welling of cold ocean water, no jelly fish, and great waves for boogie boarding, body surfing, and kayaking....if you could do that you would be my hero for the month of August.

Welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear about your books!!! Is she your X wife because she destroyed all your books? :D

Back