• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Greg Iles: The Quiet Game

Lincoln Rhyme

Plot Synopsis: Penn Cage is a lawyer from Albuquerque, Texas. He has come back to his home Natchez, Mississippi, to mourn the loss of his wife. Cage soon gets involved in a case that happened back in 1968, a car bombing of a man. He soon gets into a web of deception and murder as the case unwinds.

My Opinion: It had a slow-start, and all the characters felt very cliched. The story was okay, and the ending was pretty good. I'm probably not gonna jump to the next Penn Cage book any time soon.

My Rating: 2.9/5

Thanks for the review. I was curious about him and I actually have this book on my to read list so I will move it down.

I noticed that you're reading a Harlan Coben book. Care to share your thoughts on it? My English 4 teacher has been telling me how great he is, and I was just curious of what you think of him.

I have a couple of Coben's books on my to-read list.

I noticed that you're reading a Harlan Coben book. Care to share your thoughts on it? My English 4 teacher has been telling me how great he is, and I was just curious of what you think of him.

I have a couple of Coben's books on my to-read list.

I've read the first Myron Boliter (Deal Breaker) and a stand alone titled Tell No One.

I found both to be humorous but for some reason I think they are fun read but for some odd reason with me I just can't get excited about his books. They are slow at some parts and the last 1/3 of the books always seem rushed to me. They are okay in my opinion but I believe you're better off reading books from Lee Child, Michael Connelly, Robert Crais or Jeffery Deaver. These guys are excellent at creating a story and moving the story along whereas Harlan tends to add a chapter here or there that doesn't add to the story and it doesn't flow well.

I gave this one a five star rating.
It is one of my favorites by Iles. I have read all of his books and I am looking forward to Unwritten Laws (Penn Cage book 4a)

Hi brk 3: Have read the outline of The Quiet Game and will have a look for it at the library - sounds pretty good.

YES! I too enjoy Greg Iles. I am waiting on his Unwrtten Laws but as I looked into it, he's had a bad car accident which as kept him from finishing his book. The Penn Cage series is really good! Although I enjoyed Black Cross too. And the Sleeping Game?? I can't remember the exact name, the one with the paintings.

Back