• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Movie

I could be wrong, but I believe Ron and Hermione were kept in the dark about the twins receiving the money until book six, when the twins opened the shop. No purpose in letting the info out until then, unless they wish to explain where the money came from to develop their gags.

True...but I think that it will just get harder to write the movies if they have explaining from previous books to do because they left information out in the previous movies.

h_carnahan said:
True...but I think that it will just get harder to write the movies if they have explaining from previous books to do because they left information out in the previous movies.

This wouldn't be a big deal. Just a couple of lines and on to the next scene.

Although the film's ending was decent, I'm not impressed with whoever edited the film - expecting a huge extended edition DVD now.

Quidditch world cup? A load of special effects ensued as the gang got there talking about Krum etc, but where was the actual quidditch action? Prematch and then cut straight to the the deatheater raid scene. Huh? Surely it would have helped to establish Krum's character as the best seeker in the world if we had seen him in action (as a pose to the one line in the script where Ron just states the fact)

You see Harry battle the dragon but what about the other contestants? Why not show how tough the other people found it to get the eggs? The batterings and the bruisings that make Ron admit that someone may be trying to do Harry in?

Why the deemphasis on the plot and the overemphasis/extension on some of the less important scenes?

I went with my cousin (who hasn't read the book), and she was a bit lost by the middle due to the amount of plot that was cut out of the story in the translation to cinema. The graveyard scene did rescue the film at the end, but surely the book to film process could have been handled better?

Quidditch world cup?
Yeah, I actually thought there was something wrong with our movie's film, I couldn't believe they cut that whole scene out. I really wanted to see how they would use special effects to portray a quidditch match in a movie. Guess they didn't want to bother losing money.

And the answer to all your questions are...they didn't want the movie to run too long. I hope they pull a LOTR and have extremely extended dvds made!

h_carnahan said:
And the answer to all your questions are...they didn't want the movie to run too long. I hope they pull a LOTR and have extremely extended dvds made!
That would be very sweet...

Back