• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Movie

ram_alam said:
Someday I gotta pick me up one of them Potter books. Are they worth the hype?
I think that they are, as long as you remember while reading them that they aren't meant to be some high-brow literary work, but a light read intended both for children and adults. Well at least I enjoyed them :D

MonkeyCatcher said:
:p You know what I meant
I was just relaying the shock unexpressed by some of the forum members here. :cool: If she can sell tens of millions of books per release, she's got something going...

I think the new movie is going to suck big time. there is no way they can fit that entire book into one movie and not screw up royally.

I think that the movie will be ok on its own, but you just can't be thinking about the book when you see it.

I think one of my friends are doing the right thing. She insists on not reading the book before she's seen the movie - that way she won't be disappointed with the movie, but rather pleasantly surprised by the book. But for me it's far too late for such a maneuvre.

Already in Philosopher's Stone did they cut out some things I felt they shouldn't have cut out, and with a book that's 4 times as thick...

Thankfully I'm fully able to keep the books at a distance and still enjoy the movies - I could do it with the first three as well as with LotR, so I think I'm pretty safe :p

I have now had the tickets to see it on thursday at 11:59 pm for a few weeks now....I can't believe it is tommorrow night!

It doesn't come out here until the 24th, and I won't be able to see it for about a week after that because I have exams then Leadership Training for school :(

Amazing

Alright i seen it last night i loved it it was gr8 it kept close enough to the book and cedrics death was very emotional i myself cried. i thought it was funny and sad it balanced the emotions within the characters properly and i love ron in it he was brilliant

I love the books and wasnt disapointed at all with the first movie, COS was alright but really didnt do justice to the creepiness of the book. POA absolutely sucked, I refuse to ever watch it again. I just saw goblet of fire and can truely say that my hope for the movies has been rekindled. It was very well done and while they left out tons of details and even some major events (or deferred them to other characters) i am overjoyed. The portrayal of mad-eye moody was excellant and Voldemort looks creepy as hell!

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Hmm... I don't believe that I'm the first one to see this...

Anyway, just came back from watching it - and thought it was a very good action flick. Plenty of excellent effects, but sadly still pretty damn bad acting by Radcliffe. Even Emma Watson (who is growing more gorgeous every film :)) seems to be overacting at times. Rupert Grint unfortunately didn't get much screen time this time around.

If you've read the book, a lot of stuff was cut out of it to fit it into the movie. My wife thinks the movie was too short (at 2.5 hours!!!), which means the movie probably tried to fit too many things into it, but hey, the book's bloody long.

Plus I didn't think the supposedly extremely pretty Fleur was very pretty at all.

Finally, all that hoo hah, and I didn't see Cho Chang kiss Harry.

Good fun.

ds

I agree Radcliffe's acting is getting worse per film. Watson did seem like she was working a little to hard in this one, but she did spend most the book either worried or scared, so I kinda overlooked it.

Radcliffe is just atrocious, isn't he! I hope that they ditch him after the next movie (they start filming in February, I believe). And I agree that they could have found someone a lot more fitting for the part of Fleur. I couldn't figure out what part she was playing when I saw a screenshot of her once, and when someone told me it was Fleur, I was very disappointed.

I won't be able to see the film until this Friday (5 more sleeps :( )

RainbowGurl said:
But then again alot of children love Harry Potter, they my not think of how long it is as they are enjoying watching it.

clearly you're not a parent then :p

I enjoyed the movie. Malfoy as a ferret is so cute and funny! I'm glad that the scene would be kept in the film adaptation. I need to re-read the book since it's been so long and I didn't have a chance to before seeing the movie with final exams to study for.

I feel compelled to watch PoA again now. Why I like that movie so much, I cannot say. I expected horrible things with reviews from fans, but honestly it didn't bother me that much except for the appearance of Professor Lupin's werewolf form... was that suppose to be a wolf? :p

Back