• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Harry Potter Seventh Book Pre-Sales Speculations and Discussions

Will Harry return to Hogwarts for a 7th year?

• Yes

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Yes, but he will not stay the whole year or he will just visit

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 22.2%

• Total voters

h_carnahan

I wondered what everyone thinks about Harry returning for his 7th year, that is if Hogwarts remains open. I think that Harry will return but will not stay for the whole year, instead he will leave early like fred and George, only he will go in search of Voldermort instead of opening a joke shop.

I believe that he will return to Hogwarts, but not to study at all, just to visit.
What would a Harry Potter book be without our beloved Hogwarts and the things/people that come with it? :p

Monkeycatcher

i think that h is just concerned about spoilers from the 6th book as it is difficult to speculate on the 7th without talking what happened.

I think we should all wait to see what happens... There is no need for speculation. Why guess and guess and guess and guess and guess and guess when disappointment is all there is to find when the book is finally released... which I heard is summer 2008. Yuck. I call this the "M. Night Shamalamadingdong Syndrome" in which people speculate until there is nothing left to speculate, and then these same people who speculated are disappointed after seeing one of Shammy's films, because either their speculation was right, or their speculation was wrong. My guess is that Ron and Harry become an item.

jenngorham said:
i thought you like mr. shammy?
I love Michael's movies, because I go with no speculation. I just watch the trailers, go "what the ****?" and see the film.

sirmyk said:
I think we should all wait to see what happens... There is no need for speculation. Why guess and guess and guess and guess and guess and guess when disappointment is all there is to find when the book is finally released... which I heard is summer 2008. Yuck. I call this the "M. Night Shamalamadingdong Syndrome" in which people speculate until there is nothing left to speculate, and then these same people who speculated are disappointed after seeing one of Shammy's films, because either their speculation was right, or their speculation was wrong. My guess is that Ron and Harry become an item.

Speculation is fun. Besides, JK has left a number of clues in her books; so why not play sleuth?

Hey, this is h_carnahan's party (post) and she can do whatever she wants! We have such a long wait, why not speculate!

Hogwarts is a foundation of the Potter series, so I can't see that Harry won't be back just on that basis, but there are reasons as well, since the hunt for Voldy's horcruxes appears to be of major importance and some of them may still be on the premises.

Again, I wonder if Harry may not return to school as an instructor, however, seeing as the position of DADA is again open. He has already taught DADA in book 5, has the confidence of the students he taught, and would be allowed the run of the school in order to search for horcruxes.

h_carnahan said:
thank you Oberon
You're welcome! We should prolly mention that some speculating has already occurred on the HP and the HBP - Discussion s*p*o*i*l*e*r thread ...

I reckon he'll return at the end as an adult and become the only Defence against the dark arts teacher that can stick it out for more than a year :)

Oberon said:
Hogwarts is a foundation of the Potter series,

So was Dumbledore. I'm sure he'll return to the school as we've learned Hogwarts is intertwined with Voldemort and Harry's past as well. Will the castle remain a school? Maybe the Order of the Phoenix decides there would be a better HQ. I don't think Hogwarts will remain the central setting. Rowling hasn't gone much beyond the walls of Hogwarts too often in the series and maybe this is her opportunity.

Rowling has so much to do to complete the series in the next book that the last thing she needs to add to the list is a travelogue of the wizarding world outside of Hogwarts! I think he'll start at Grimmaud Place when he "comes of age" and inherits it. He can evict the Black "spies" and give it over to the Order for its HQ. McGonagal offers him the DADA, which is an offer he can't refuse: he may be fated to destroy V but that doesn't mean he has to expose himself unnecessarily and hunt him down. The horcurxes, OTOH, he needs to search out, and with some of them connected to houses of Hogwarts, it seems a good bet he may as well work from there. And what better cover is there than as DADA?

if he becomes DaDa he will have to only be there for a year due to the curse upon the DaDa job so something will happen to him to prevent him coming back
any ideas Death mayby

I think part of the reason Harry would take the job, if he did would be because Voldermort wanted the job. Harry will probably pick up the trail that Dumbledore left for him, by analyzing Voldermort's past Harry can hope to learn more for the future. Since Harry doesn't have any more memories, just a missing locket and fake note, he will first look at Sirrius' (I think someone mentioned that there was a locket similar to the one described as the horacrux at 12 Grimwald Place) then he will take the job, if offered it.

Dermotjpr said:
if he becomes DaDa he will have to only be there for a year due to the curse upon the DaDa job so something will happen to him to prevent him coming back
He may very well break the curse, but since it's the final book, it's moot whether he keeps the job ...

Dermotjpr said:
any ideas Death mayby
Sincerely doubt this is going to happen. Have you read Stephen King's Misery? Rowling would need bodyguards for the rest of her life. (I mean it lightly, but afraid it's serious in this day and age when some people don't have lives ... :( )

but death can be a good thing, I never thought that she would have had the guts to kill off Dumbledore but she did, and she gracefully and elegantly put him to rest. it seemed very noble and prestigous like he was so in that case it was fitting. if Harry dies as a sacrfice killing Voldermort, that would be fitting for him. As long as it is done properly, I don't think there will be any reason to protest...it is the end of HP no matter what way you look at it, one way is just a cleaner end... sounds like a guillotine (SP?)

h_carnahan said:
but death can be a good thing, I never thought that she would have had the guts to kill off Dumbledore but she did, and she gracefully and elegantly put him to rest. it seemed very noble and prestigous like he was so in that case it was fitting. if Harry dies as a sacrfice killing Voldermort, that would be fitting for him. As long as it is done properly, I don't think there will be any reason to protest...it is the end of HP no matter what way you look at it, one way is just a cleaner end... sounds like a guillotine (SP?)
Vey good points. Harry sacrificing himself to kill Voldemort sounds like a perfect way for Harry to die, and definately sounds like a possibility.

Back