• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Harry Potter Seventh Book Pre-Sales Speculations and Discussions

Will Harry return to Hogwarts for a 7th year?

• Yes

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Yes, but he will not stay the whole year or he will just visit

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 22.2%

• Total voters
Harry Potter Seventh Book Speculations and Discussions

Well, yeah, I think Dumbledore is not dead.
sorry people, i should first go: hello everyone i'm new blah blah blah but to hell with all the boring stuff and to heaven with Dumbledore. well, not to eaven, given that he's not dead.
Proofs? there are loads of them. but just tiny questions, yeah:
how come Dumbledore was thrown off the tower when Snape "killed" him?
Don't you think Dumbledore would have had time to parry Draco's curse, jinx the annoying blond boy, then jinx harry to stand still, for god's sake, and then to go down the battle the death eaters?
Still persuaded Dumbledore is dead? well, be damned, and then go to dumbledoreisnotdead dot com...
anyways, see yous guys. i miss sirius, i keep crying everytime i see Cedric's death in the movie and i am still mourning our beloved old dumbledore. anyone who's as much a fan of harry potter as me, please email, i don't mind. i love emails!

yours

Dame Checkmate.

Although Dumbledore hurtling off the tower because of Snape's attack doesn't seem plausible when other killing curses don't have this effect, I do believe DD is dead. To suggest otherwise is to remove the whole purpose of Draco's task and Snape's awful duty.

On the tower, DD is already gravely ill from the effects of the drink in the cave, and although there is a tradition of Merlin/Gandalf figures returning from death to give the hero a final boost, it seems more in keeping with JKR's plot that Harry is actually having to think for himself (for the first time) to solve the last book. It's quite possible that DD's portrait will give advice, that the broken mirror Harry wasted in Book 5 will come into its own, that he might yet go beyond the Veil to speak to Sirius and DD. But JKR says quite clearly about the deaths that happen, that they are a part of life and not a trick - witness Sirius and Cedric, both random deaths as much as those of other wizarding folk that Voldemort is killing in Book 6.

DD was quite prepared and aware of what he had to sacrifice both to save Draco, and further the collection of the Horcruxes, and also ultimately to ensure Snape's lasting safety as a quadruple agent until Harry has time to find the other Horcruxes and finish off Voldemort. A fake death demeans the power and relevance of that tower scene, that fleeing Snape who rightly refuses the epithet of 'coward'.

But I also suspect the last book may be such a hotch-potch of gathered threads (and dozens of dropped ones) that DD surviving makes as much sense as anything else at the moment. It's all a bit of a hash.

Things have been shaken up pretty thoroughly at Hogwarts, anyway, with the OWLS in book five getting fairly short shrift. The Weasley brothers drop out ... And Harry has as much as stated he isn't going back. Rowling isn't getting a lot of heat that I know of for these discrepancies. It isn't my favorite theory that Hogwarts is out of the picture in book seven; I was merely entertaining the idea.

I think part of the school year will take place in Hogwarts and Book 7 will bring Harry and Voldemort there. Dumbledore told us in Book 6 that Hogwarts was the only place in which Voldemort felt at home and happy and it also has the importance significance of probably holding one of the last horcruxes (possibly the Sorting Hat). The final showdown will be either there or in Godric's Hollow (which would be a bit corny).

Release date of HP7?

Just wondering if anyone has any idea when the new book will be released or when the release date will be announced? I'm just getting very impatient!!!!

Cheers!

Probably. Only read them last summer so never really interested in the release dates before. I just thought it would be this year that's all. But next year seems so far away!!!!!

Cheers for that though- at least I know now!

her website has yet to post a definite release date. o and am i the only loser who's gone to the past two release parties and gotten it at midnight?

Well, not everyone lives near a town that is holding a Launch Party.

Personally, I think the release date will be summer 07 or 08. Summer 07 would be the tenth anniversary of the first book being published. Some people suggested 07/07/07 until they realised that this would be the anniversary of the London Bombings. July 08 seems too long to wait really. I would be hoping for a winter TItle Release, and summer publication.

Pinecones360 said:
her website has yet to post a definite release date. o and am i the only loser who's gone to the past two release parties and gotten it at midnight?

i had to work the last one, and it was an insane, but really fun night

I didn't go to the midnight release thing, but a few co-workers did. I bought it the following morning, early!:) :cool: :)

it was insane. we stood in line at 6pm to get a ticket as to what order we'd get the book after midnight and then we came back at like 9:30 and had to wait in line to get into the building because they were at capacity. i must say it was one of the best times ever.

Pinecones360 said:
LOL. I much doubt it. I always get it on the first day, but I'm not much of a night owl, so I like to be at home at midnight. (Besides that, if you wait a while, the crowds die down! Yay!) It probably doesn't help that I live in a small town. I have to drive five miles out of my way to get anywhere or do anything, and the nearest Borders is 15 miles away.

I don't know. I heard somewhere that it'll be 1000 or more pages! But then again, she just started writing it; chances are she has no clue how long it's going to be. These are probably just Internet rumors.

What's with the craze for more pages? Thin is in! I do think though that Rowling has made a rod for her own back in making books 4-6 so fat. Hard to believe now that books 1-3 were normal book length, ie 200-300 pages. If she put out something that length now, people would take to the streets in protest (not literally - though who knows?), as though books are somehow measured in value-for-money terms by number of pages.

Having said that she did say after book 5 that book 6 would be shorter, but that book 7 would probably be the longest, simply because she wouldn't want to stop writing about Harry. So we could be in for a Suitable Boy-length record-breaker.

There are definately a lot of things that need to happen in the 7th one, so I think anything less than 900 would be unworthy of a suitable conclusion.

*HBP SPOILERS**

I believe Harry when he says he won't be attending Hogwarts next year, and for that some length can be taken away. But Harry's gotta find those 4 objects, meet up with the guy who left the fake locket, perhaps revenge Snape, and battle big V. Book 7 will definately have the most action, I think.

There's no such thing as an overly long book as long as everything in it is well written. I can get through the longest harry potter quicker than i can most books 300-400 pages long, and never ever feel bored or like i was reading something that wasn't important to the story. No, she needs to keep going exactly as she is. I've yet to find a flaw in the series.

R.A.B? *Spoiler*

In the 6th Harry Potter Book on P.569 there is a letter inside the locket that Harry and Dumbledore went inside the cave for, but it was acctaully a fake. Look what the letter said below:

To the dark lord
i know i will be dead long before you read this but i want you to know that it was i who discovered your secret. i have stolen the real horcrux and intend to destroy it as soon as i can. i face death in the hope that when you meet your match you will be mortal once more
R.A.B

Many people say it is Regulus A. Black, but I don't think it could be, for start off Regulus liked Voldemort, he was a Death Eater so why would he do that. Also Regulus is dead so how can he destroy the real horcrux if he is dead. Lastly J.k. Rowling wouldn't make R.A.B that easy to figure out.

Please submit your ideas about R.A.B and also stuff about Dumbledore and Snape ect.

Back