• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Harry Potter Seventh Book Pre-Sales Speculations and Discussions

Will Harry return to Hogwarts for a 7th year?

• Yes

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Yes, but he will not stay the whole year or he will just visit

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 22.2%

• Total voters
Hmm, hadnt noticed that before ... there is a house elf riding on Harry's back holding a sword. Dobby presumably.

Phil

I know that this hass probably been discussed before, but, I think it weird to have adult and child covers for the same book. If an adult wants to read a kids' book, they should be willing to carry it around with the kids' cover.

I know that this hass probably been discussed before, but, I think it weird to have adult and child covers for the same book. If an adult wants to read a kids' book, they should be willing to carry it around with the kids' cover.

I agree with this.

And I stopped reading Harry Potter after Prisoner of Azkaban, because I realized I hated them. :D The cover is decent, though.

Covers for Bloomsbury eds.

hp7adult_low_140w.jpg

hp7childrens_low_140w.jpg
Ooh, I like the first one better...don't suppose I could get one of those instead of the US version?

I had to log in just to say what an awful horror is that second Bloomsbury cover. It's shockingly garish and plain ugly. So the publishers believe children to have that little taste? I'm offended on behalf of all the literate children - and I know lots of them!:mad:

Covers, schmuvers...it's all a cynical marketing ploy. "Oooo, I must have a copy with each cover...and the complete boxed set edition...and a copy of all the paperback editions...and the DVDs...and the boxed set DVDs...and the special limited edition...blah blah blah..." No wonder JKR is rich.

News flash - it's just a BOOK - it's the words inside that matter!

Covers, schmuvers...it's all a cynical marketing ploy. "Oooo, I must have a copy with each cover...and the complete boxed set edition...and a copy of all the paperback editions...and the DVDs...and the boxed set DVDs...and the special limited edition...blah blah blah..." No wonder JKR is rich.

News flash - it's just a BOOK - it's the words inside that matter!

Yeh, what he said.

These new covers are extremely colorful-all three. I wonder why? Expecially compared to the previous two US ones. And yes, the bloomsbury one for children is terrible. Almost as bad as the French ones. It looks like the cover of a Russian harry potter parody(there's lots of them, and they all look like it. I should scan some).

R.a.b.

I'm just wondering who do you guys think he is? You will only understand if you read the 6th book. I think I have an idea of who it might be tho!:)

I think Snape will die, it's too obvious he has gone back to Voldemort and will possibly help Harry kill him, I think Malfoy will die just because he deserves too :D

I think both Voldemort and Harry will die in the 7th book because Harry figures out that he himself is a horcrux of Voldemort. Voldemort made Hary a horcrux the night when Harry was only a baby and Voldemort met his downfall (I know this from a certain source of information. Dont know if it's true though). Oh yea, what was the title of the 7th book again? I forgot it, I think it was something like: Deathly Hollow or Death Hollow, or something like that!:)

Yep, it was Deathly Hallows. You're all probably going to hate me for saying this, but I kinda hope Harry dies. I really like tragic endings (are you with me Hamlet? ;)). I'm not saying I want Voldemort to take over the world. He should die too. And then Ron and Hermy should get married. If either of them die, it's be horrible. I actually think they are better characters than Harry himself. Same with Fred/George.

Harry should die at the start, so we don't have to listen to him whinge the whole time. The rest of the book can be half Ron/Hermione, half Fred and George and whatever new products they have invented for the shop. And the last sentence can be: "Oh, by the way, Voldemort was killed by...let's say, Arthur Weasley. And they all lived happily ever after. 'Cept Harry, cause he was dead."

Mwah-ha-ha-ha-ha....

Wal-Mart ended up shipping a lot of the latest Potter books back. I was at the store a few days after the initial release, and to my surprise, I saw a huge pallet of books sitting by the doors.

No one was even looking at them...just walking past.

I think sales of Potter books could be in decline. The clerks told me that the first couple of days were pretty hectic, but that sales tapered off quickly and plans were already in the works to take advantage of the old 90-day sale-or-return policy.

Not to knock Potter fans around TOO hard, but I have another biz besides books, and this business requires me to be inside peoples' homes on a regular basis. I often see the latest Potter lying around. More than half of the people I asked say they have not actually READ the book...they just collect them to show off to friends. Hmm.

Back