• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Harry Potter Seventh Book Pre-Sales Speculations and Discussions

Will Harry return to Hogwarts for a 7th year?

• Yes

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Yes, but he will not stay the whole year or he will just visit

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 22.2%

• Total voters
Oh, I'm sure you'll bear up just fine.

I'm sorely tempted to join the hoopla with my daughter and her pals and dress up as Sybil Trelawney. Costumed persons get line preference. Last time, I just nipped in Target early, went home and did the "jump ball" and lost.

My 17 yr old dd has a really cool Trelawney garb..you'd never know it was our own Emily..freaks out the youngest brother:p

Pre-order definitely. I always go to the midnight party at Borders with my mom, cousins, and friend. It' so much fun to hang out there for hours, and talking with complete strangers about what you think will happen. At the store we go to they hand out colors that, depending on how early you get there, determine you're place in line. Also, it's crowded, but I think after 9 or 10:00 you have to have a book pre-ordered or with someone who has it to be in the store.

Eh, I'll probably just buy it a few days later when Barnes & Noble is selling it for 40% off. I'm not in any huge hurry to read it. At this point I am still purchasing them in HC so that my daughter will have a nice collection when she is old enough.

I'm not sure which way I'm going to go. But I work in a bookstore and I've been told that if you're getting the book shipped to your home, it won't be shipped until the date of the release. SO, if you're like me and live on the opposite side of the country from the distribution centre, you're looking at a few days wait. But if you've gone that route before and got it that day, then obviously do that. Just thought I'd let ya know what I've been told.

I'm not sure which way I'm going to go. But I work in a bookstore and I've been told that if you're getting the book shipped to your home, it won't be shipped until the date of the release. SO, if you're like me and live on the opposite side of the country from the distribution centre, you're looking at a few days wait. But if you've gone that route before and got it that day, then obviously do that. Just thought I'd let ya know what I've been told.

I'm going to be out of town, so I'm having it delievered to my house; hopefully I'll be in town by the time the order comes through; I'm also not in a huge rush to read the book (considering I still haven't read the last two books).

Cover for final 'Potter' revealed

The cover for the final Potter book has been released:

Cover for final 'Potter' revealed

cover.potter.jpg

Source: cnn.com

While I like the Medallion cover best, my dd tells me the US cover opens up to reveal more of the action in the representative scene..so she prefers that one. Also, it is more similar to the previous book covers. The bottom cover is hideous.

While I like the Medallion cover best, my dd tells me the US cover opens up to reveal more of the action in the representative scene..so she prefers that one. Also, it is more similar to the previous book covers. The bottom cover is hideous.

Why is it hideous?

Hey, abec-ya left your Potter hat.

awww.villagehatshop.com_media_harry_potter_prof_mcgonagall.jpg

:D :D :D :D :D

I know I won't hear the end of this one for awhile, just had to.;) :p

LOL-Ya left your ride too.

broom.gif

I know, I know, you're moving up to a newer model later. I wondered why it was windy in Kansas.;) :p :p :p :p

*Crawls into underground bunker**

LOL-Ya left your ride too.

broom.gif

I know, I know, you're moving up to a newer model later. I wondered why it was windy in Kansas.;) :p :p :p :p

*Crawls into underground bunker**

Smart move Nebraskan..moving to shelter that is..Is it just me or is the corn pollen a little thick just now?:p ;) ;)

LOL-ya got me there abec, I can't deny that. Just me and the cornfields.:D I just drove back yesterday from Wyoming. Nothing like driving 3/4ths the way across the entire state. The panhandle should be annexed to Wyoming, that's all I can say.

LOL-ya got me there abec, I can't deny that. Just me and the cornfields.:D I just drove back yesterday from Wyoming. Nothing like driving 3/4ths the way across the entire state. The panhandle should be annexed to Wyoming, that's all I can say.

That's funny, I've heard similar opinions about western Kansas..annex it to Colorado:D There's a few counties out there that would like to declare independence and form a new state...

So should I buy the book abec? Are they going to roll it out at midnight again? My little ones would love that.:p

So should I buy the book abec? Are they going to roll it out at midnight again? My little ones would love that.:p

I'm not sure of the coming out party details, although I bet I have 4 experts in my house at this very moment:p It's your moola, spend it how you like, but I'd suggest starting with the first book and maybe waiting about 3 or 4 years before reading it to your boys..they're still pretty small, right? Some of the dark stuff is, well, dark. You'll have to judge what is too scary for yourself; you know your kids better than anybody..well, besides your favorite wife, that is..

The Bloomsbury children's edition cover just doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the series.

The hi-res cover is here (takes a while to download).

Back